54 ⁘ After

Johnny the Tiger

54 

Applause filled the room as Renjun made his way to the front of the runway. He looked just as chic as the models that were dressed in his creations. Still, he stood out. May it have been due to his height or because all eyes were glued to him, his presence was captivating. 

However, Johnny, Jaehyun and Jeno stood tall behind him, looking just as breathtakingly handsome as their friend. They looked at him proudly and so did his other friends that were seated in the audience. 

After a while, everyone streamed out of the building with parts of the audience making their way to the after party. 

Although the boys split up, they still just talked amongst themselves for the most part. Chenle, for example, decided to have a chat with Johnny and Jaehyun. 

"...because you guys seemed so busy," Jaehyun said. "Especially because of the movie anniversary thing." 

"It wasn't that bad," Chenle assured. "It was fun. But most of us have new projects going on now." 

Johnny hummed, remembering that, "DNYL, right?" Chenle nodded. "It only started filming a while ago but it already got a lot of attention from fans." 

"The Dreamie stans can't be underestimated," Jaehyun agreed. 

Chenle scoffed. "You guys can't judge," he said. "The first time Jaehyun played in a drama his fans lost their minds." 

"Yeah because his acting was so shitty--" Johnny mocked him but cut himself off when Jaehyun slapped his arm. 

"Watch it, Tony," he warned him. 

"Hey, I played that tiger with all my heart," Johnny argued. "And the ad did amazing." 

"Chenle!" Hendery shouted, interrupting them. He ran up to the boy, hand in hand with a confused-looking girl. Once he was in front of his friends, he let him know that, "I found Da-eun!"  

She frowned. "You found me?" she questioned. "I found you - and you were lucky I did. How did you even get your shirt stuck in the--"

"What was that?!" Hendery asked and turned around towards the imaginary voice he pretended to hear. He laughed as he excused himself. "Kun's calling me, what a bummer, I guess I can't stay and chat but you guys have fun!" he said as he left, shooting a round of finger guns at his friends. 

Da-eun watched Hendery hurry away to a different corner of the room while Chenle reached out to grab the girl's hand. Johnny and Jaehyun were quietly watching the two. While the girl's eyes were on Hendery, Chenle was only looking at her, pulling her closer. 

"He's clumsier than I thought," she mumbled. Eventually, she stood next to Chenle. She looked up at him and pushed out a small 'oh~'. "Yo, Shrek, you look super pretty today." 

He raised a brow. "Don't I always?"  

"Of course you do," she agreed swiftly, "but your outfit and make-up are great today." 

Flattered, he smiled at her. Da-eun was well aware that he wasn't the only one with a nice outfit, styled hair and perfect make-up. After all, she stood right next to Johnny and Jaehyun. 

"Thank you." He fought the urge to give her a kiss on the cheek. Holding hands seemed already risky enough. However, he couldn't help himself and she didn't seem to mind. 

In the end, rather than a kiss, he just smiled at her. "You look gorgeous too." 

"Because Hayoon did my make-up~" she told him happily, then turned to the boys that stood opposite them. She pushed out an awkward laugh. "Sorry, I should've introduced myself first."