64 ⁘ Camera

64 

Chenle handed Johnny and Mark each a cup of coffee.

"Since when do you drop by so early?" the youngest asked curiously.

Johnny straightened his back. He glimpsed at Mark then looked back at Chenle as he announced,

"Mark asked me to be his best man."

Happy about his excitement, Chenle smiled. "That's nice-"

"But I declined."

Chenle looked at Mark.

Mark shrugged.

Johnny grinned proudly.

"Because I will be holding the ceremony," the oldest clarified quickly. "I have already started to think of some cool quotes to incorporate."

Finally understanding what was going on, Chenle let out a stretched 'ah'. "Should have said that right away," he muttered. "I was confused."

However, Johnny was too busy being thrilled about the role he was going to play in his best friend's marriage to care about any misunderstandings. What he cared about though was the reason why they came here.

He gently nudged Mark's side. "Ah, right," he said, turned to Chenle with a smile. "I wanted to ask what you think of like... being my best man? I want to ask Haechan too, so it would be the two of you if... if you want to."

Chenle barely realized that he raised his brows upon hearing the question. He hadn't expected it but was not unhappy about it either. He was just shocked - which turned into excitement right away. 

"What? Really?" 

Mark nodded quickly. "Yeah." 

Stuck in his disbelief, Chenle didn't say anything for a moment. A heartwarming moment that made Johnny smile. 

"You guys are cute." 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, cutting them off and ending the somewhat emotional scene.

"I'll get it," Johnny offered as he made his way over to the entrance door.

"So?" Mark asked curiously. "Would you... you know? Do me the honour?" He said the last part slightly jokingly, not because he was insincere but because he was trying to push through his own excited nervosity. "Oh, also! Minnie will ask Eunnie to be her bridesmaid. So you would get to stand at the altar together. I'm sure that's nice!"

Chenle laughed. "Is that your main argument?" He smiled warmly and took a deep breath. He was feeling a little emotional, yet tried to keep it light-hearted the same way Mark did. "I was going to say yes anyway. I'm honoured, kid."

Mark laughed. "Thanks, dad."

A smile graced both their faces. "This feels surreal," Chenle commented. 

"Tell me about it," Mark said through a sigh. He could barely believe it himself but he was endlessly happy. "My parents got super excited too. They help us with planning. They also tell me all the things I should keep in mind and how lucky I am, all that." 

"Sounds like them," Chenle said, laughing. 

Mark nodded. "Right?"

"Chenle," Johnny called from the front of the house. "Can you come here for a second?"

The youngest frowned. 

His tone.

There was something about Johnny's tone.