17 ⁘ Famous

dude I'm in love 

17

"Shut up."

Hm?

Da-eun raised a brow as she watched the way her cousin's lips curved up into a grin.

"I have been dating Mark for two years but I leave you alone with him twice and you end up in dating rumours," she said before bursting into deep laughter, looking away from Da-eun as she struggled to keep a straight face at the sight of her. "Girl you are horrible at this."

Brushing her relief to the side, Da-eun slipped into disbelief right away. She gasped.

"Dude nah - don't make fun of me, Miss Second Female Lead," she shot back, yet it left Min-jung unbothered.

"Honestly," she said, teary-eyed from laughing too much, "if you ever date a famous person you're fucked."

"What do you mean? I'll be the famous one," Da-eun said confidently. 

"Famous for sliding into one scandal after the other perhaps," her cousin pointed out, then walked past the younger girl and into the kitchen. 

Only now did Da-eun notice the bag in Min-jung's hand. She closed the door, followed her. 

"Mark asked me to cook for you but I guess now that you are up you can do it yourself." She got a pan out of a cupboard regardless, then nodded towards the phone in Da-eun's hand. "Whom are you talking to?"

"Oh!" Quickly, she turned her attention back to Chenle. "Sorry man, Min-jung stopped by." 

"I heard," Chenle said. "Tell her I said hi." 

"Chenle says hi," Da-eun told her quickly. 

Min-jung smiled, then took Da-eun's phone. "Chenle," she greeted the younger boy. "You are so attentive! Calling Da-eun to check in on her?" He said something in return. "Bye~" 

Her amusement was evident when she handed the phone back to the younger girl and checked her bag. She bought a bunch of groceries since she was unsure what Da-eun had at home. 

While rummaging through the bag as if she herself wasn't quite sure what was in it, she repeated what Chenle had said to her, satisfying Da-eun's curiosity. 

"'You are annoying'," she mocked in a deep voice, before adding a more high pitched, "'Make sure she eats, I'm hanging up'." 

Min-jung pulled a pack of eggs and some vegetables out of the bag. "See?" she asked the younger one, turned her head to Da-eun. "He can be sweet if he wants." 

The younger one hummed, smiling to herself once Min-jung was no longer looking at her.
"I guess." 

It had gotten quieter, calmer inside. With most distractions gone, Da-eun's headache became more prevalent again. As if heavy weights were pressing down on her, she let her head tilt forward, started massaging her temples. 

"I will be right back," she said rather quietly as she turned around to leave the kitchen. 

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, I'll just get a painkiller real quick." 

The painkiller that was on her bedside table, left there by Mark before he went home last night. She swallowed it quickly, drank a few sips of water to wash it down. 

As she left her room again, she crossed paths with Hayoon. The girl had just woken up and was now following Da-eun into the kitchen. 

"Morning babe," she said, flashing her a smile.