34 ⁘ Captivating

34

Da-eun looked at Ha-min as she entered her father's office. "How's his mood today?" she asked quietly, glimpsing at Mr Kim. 

Ha-min shrugged. "As always." She hummed, concluding that,

"Bad, huh?"

"That are your words," he said in return.

She agreed with a nod. "Yeah but you would say it too if you weren't afraid to lose your job."

He raised a brow. "Different from you, I like my job and my boss."

Grimacing, Da-eun had to keep herself from shuddering. He spoke that with utmost sincerity which worried the girl a little as she got concerned about his mental state.

"Alright, sure, whatever you say," she then said before turning away from him and walking up to her father's desk.

Ha-min eyed her as she walked away. He didn't like her. She was annoying and arrogant and rude. Seeing her and talking to her irritated him immensely.

He was very much on Mr Kim's side. However, he couldn't claim not to sympathize with her at all. Some of the things she said and did - he could understand her.

He was very much on Mr Kim's side. However, he too had his flaws and Ha-min didn't fail to see them. He only failed to stand up for the girl.

She walked up to her father's desk, eyes on the man that didn't bother offering her much attention. All he did was indicate her to wait as he was busy typing something on his computer.

Standing there patiently, she ended up looking through the office.

All was as it had always been Everything was right where it should be. No dirt or dust impacting the bleak and never changing décor.

Actually, it shouldn't have been surprising that Da-eun's father was always in a bad mood. Anyone would have been if this were their office.

"Okay," he said eventually, dragging his eyes up to her tiredly. "What do you want?"

Wow. The care and love in his voice almost overwhelmed her. What a loving father.

"It's nice to see you too," she said, mocking his cold tone by offering him the exaggerated opposite.

"I am busy," he retorted. "And you should be too. Don't you have a meeting?"

"In thirty minutes," she confirmed.

"Then prepare yourself."

"I am well prepared," she said proudly. "I always am."

He couldn't exactly deny that, yet was unwilling to boost her confidence or support, what he considered, her arrogant attitude towards him.

"So what do you want?"

"My phone back."

"No," he said without hesitation and highlighted his stance by looking back at his screen in disinterest. "You have work left."

"One meeting."

He agreed. "You survived the last few days without your phone, so you will survive a few more hours."

She was close to arguing with him about it, yet she knew there was no use in doing so. There was no use when he treated his daughter like nothing more than a means to an end.

While his attitude was far from surprising and therefore did not necessarily manage to anger her, there was something that did upset her. After all, he acted as if everything was okay despite the fact that,