I Did It...

(A Good Boy- Part 2)

"Sidekick!" a purple-haired astronaut yelled out merrily. "Come on! It's time for training. Just because we just finished solving Angie and Tenko's trial doesn't mean you can rest! Let's go!"

The boy turned to leave. His detective friend followed closely behind. They went out to the school courtyard, where their dark-haired assassin friend was waiting for them with an impatient frown on her face.

"Sorry about the wait Maki-Roll!" Kaito said. His voice was as loud as obnoxious as ever and Maki only rolled her eyes knowingly.

"Don't call me Maki-roll." she responded coldly. If looks could kill, Kaito would be dead 10 times over.

The three eventually started to do their usual training, which consisted of 100 pushups that Kaito insisted everyone do. Training sessions went on as usual; Maki finished her pushups in less than a minute; Shuichi was still doing his at a much slower pace; and Kaito wasn't doing anything at all, he just sat there talking about the stars and the sky.

"It's not fair Kaito." Maki said. "You didn't even do a single pushup. Why do we have to do it?"

"You guys need it more than me." Kaito replied, a grin on his face. "My sidekicks need to be fit and healthy. I can rest a day or two. I can easily catch up anyway! After all, I'm Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars!"

Kaito then turned to Shuichi, who was sweating buckets.

"Come on sidekick! You can do it!" he encouraged. "Work hard to finish all of your 100 pushups, and you're not allowed to stop until you're done! It would be a shame if someone as pretty as you remained this weak. So work those muscles bro!"

Shuichi was huffing and puffing, his breathing was heavy, ragged and uneven as he did his 94th pushup.

"Shuichi...you're really unfit." Maki commented. Shuichi only gave her an awkward chuckle. He forced his shaky arms and lifted his body up, completing his 95th pushup. He was almost done. The young detective was tired, really tired, but he forced himself to push beyond his body's limit.

His friends continued to chat. Maki jabbed at Kaito's bad habits and Kaito revoked them by giving silly excuses.

At his 97th pushup, Shuichi coughed, which did not go unnoticed by Maki.

"Shuichi?"

Shuichi continued his pushups. On his 98th one, blood started to drip out of his mouth. One huge droplet stained the lush green grass below him, painting it a fresh pink colour.

"Shuichi!" Maki yelled, trying to get him to stop. Her word fell on deaf ears.

"Maki-roll? What's wrong?"

It was the 99th pushup, after this, there would be just one more to go. Shuichi's arms were shaking like a little hummingbird under the fierce gaze of the voracious hornet, so much that one small gust of wind would be enough to knock his weak body over. The boy was taking huge gasps of breath, his lungs greedily sucking in all of the oxygen that they received, which wasn't enough. More blood came out of his mouth.

"Sidekick, stop!" Kaito yelled. Shuichi didn't listen and continued. More blood poured out of his mouth, painting his nails and hands all bloody.

The 100th pushup was finally done. Shuichi immediately collapsed onto the ground, his body limp.

"SIDEKICK!"

"SHUICHI!"

The detective's breathing was irregular and broken.

His two friends rushed towards him. Kaito picked him up and cradled his head gently. Both of them had worried looks on their faces. Kaito was worried for his sidekick; Maki knew that if Shuichi died, the next murderer would have a MUCH easier chance of getting away with it. Maybe a small part of Maki cared for the blue-haired boy beauty, but she shoved that part of her away.