Wake Up

This Day- Part 2

Shuichi could barely breathe. Shuichi could barely see. Shuichi could barely keep his eyes open.

Shuichi lay weakly on the floor, his eyelids growing heavier and heavier by the second. Blood, ran out from his mouth, forming a sizable puddle of red beneath Shuichi.

Shuichi didn't ask questions, because he already knew the answer. He was dying.

His lungs were all tight and he couldn't breathe. His limbs felt like they weighed a thousand pounds. Shuichi wanted to just lay there and relax.

But he couldn't rest. Not yet. He couldn't rest. Not until they were safe.

Shuichi's eyes slowly turned and he stared at the lever on the wall. Pulling it would shut down all of the power in the school, shutting off Monokuma and his minions, and preventing the executions from starting.

However, shutting down the power won't do much to solve the main problem. Everyone would still trust the mastermind because he was still disguised as Shuichi. Plus, pulling the huge lever would require a good amount of strength, strength that Shuichi knew he no longer possessed.

Shuichi tried to get up, but his arms shook and he collapsed back onto the floor.

In front of the table console which had a thousand buttons and levers, was a one-way window that could be toggled into a two-way window. Shuichi was on the floor, so he couldn't see through it. Luckily for him, on another wall, were a bunch of monitors that displayed live camera footage.

Shuichi could see his friends. They were all discussing and talking among themselves, trying to discover the truth behind this killing game, completely unaware that the mastermind had taken their place as the person they trusted the most.

It hurt him to see the fake Shuichi chatting with his friends as if he was one of them. And it hurt him, even more, when he saw Kaito and Kokichi encouraging Fake-Shuichi, believing every single word that came out of his mouth.

Shuichi had to get up!

Shuichi gripped the console table, using it and the wall as support and slowly got up. However, even as he was standing, his limbs trembled. He wouldn't last long.

Through blurring vision, Shuichi looked around, desperately trying to find a button or a lever that could help his dire situation.

Fake-Shuichi turned to the camera and grinned evilly. Shuichi didn't know whether he knew that he had escaped or not, but that smile just made him want to cry.

There had to be something; anything.

. . .

"Shuichi! Stop with this bullshit! I... I don't care! I still believe in you! D-Do I have to beat some se-"

"Sense into my sidekick." Shuichi finished his sentence for him, as if he knew exactly what was going on in his head and what he was going to say. Kaito froze, tears streaming down his usually determined eyes.

"That was what you were going to say, yes?" Shuichi asked, even though he already knew the answer. His maniacal laughter echoed through the trial walls. "Kaito, you are SO fucking predictable!"

"Puppets on a string, all of you." he laughed. "We were never friends."

They had voted the wrong person. They had lost.