Hold The Applause

King of Mean- Sequel

Mirror mirror on the wall

Who's the dumbest of them all

Guess it must be me 'cause I just hit rock bottom

Shuichi Saihara sat down in his Crystal Palace in the sky. He stared at the glass ball, where he saw this daughter, his clone, making the same mistakes he did.

Called you on a late-night walk

For a little pillow talk

Why wouldn't that girl just listen for once?! Of all the things she inherited from him, Shuichi wished that she hadn't inherited his endless curiosity.

This is why I don't let myself get too fond

Falling for someone who clearly won't care

I took it too far when we played truth or dare

Shuichi Saihara sighed to himself. It's their fault, they're the ones messing with his "daughter's" brain. Shuichi gritted his teeth angrily as he recalled his memories; memories of those vile creatures whom he had once so adored. He looked at himself, at the beautiful crystal sitting in his staff.

Guess this is what happens when I trust someone

They have me a spotlight, so I opened up

But the joke is on me, now I'm on my last straw

So let's pull the curtains and hold the applause

Shuichi went up and went to his room. He sat at his vanity table, where his hairbrushes and makeup equipment all stood, waiting to be called upon. He stared into the clear mirror.

Mirror mirror on the wall

I should have you uninstalled

'Cause I don't recognize who I'm looking at lately

There was a man with purple eyes and black cracks of corruption all over his body. What happened to the golden-eyed angel? Who was this person?

Shuichi put his face in his hands but forced himself not to cry.

Thought I had it down this time

But no one's hitting up my line

Think I gave away too much 'till I went crazy

Falling for games I don't know how to play

Too bad I caught feelings instead of mistakes.

His mind drifted to him; to his purple hair and his beautiful smile. It made him so angry. He couldn't believe just how stupid he was.

He screamed and punched the mirror.

This is what happens when I trust someone

You have me a spotlight, so I opened up

But the joke is on me, now I'm on my last straw

So let's pull the curtains and hold the applause

Shuichi knew the events that would transpire before they even happened. But he did nothing to stop it.

He didn't need to wait long for Renata to burst through the doors of their palace. Her makeup was messy and her hair was unkempt. The pixies tried to fix her appearance, but she shooed them away. She wept on the floor, wallowing in despair.

Shuichi stared down at her in pity

They say set an example

But don't follow mine

'Cause I've set myself up to fail every time

So find your reflection

And say, "listen up,

I'm sorry if hearing this kills all the fun"

"This is what happens

If you trust someone

They'll give you a spotlight

And you'll open up

Then they'll turn right around and expose all your flaws

So best pull the curtain

And hold the applause"

"I warned you didn't I?" Shuichi said. "Humans are not to be trusted."

He turned to walk away but then he felt something wet but warm on his back. Renata wrapped her arms around him tightly, still crying. Under normal circumstances, Shuichi would have shoved her away. But this time, he didn't. He turned around and hugged her back, resting his head on top of hers. Renata jolted a little, shocked by the gesture, then buried her face deep into his chest, melting into the embrace.

"I-I'm sorry..." she sniffled. "I s-should've listened to you..."

"It's alright my darling..." Shuichi whispered. He didn't understand why he was being so affectionate all of a sudden. 

"Daddy..." Renata murmured. She sounded so broken, like a little baby. "Can I go back to being homeschooled... please...?"

"Of course my darling," Shuichi replied, pressing a loving kiss on her head. He then turned to a pixie, a little winged ball of light floating beside him. "Get her something to eat."

The pixie tinkled a response and zoomed away.

I'm going to explode that school afterwards...

Renata is Latin for 'reborn' and French for 'born again'. This is how Shuichi sees her. 

Also, just imagine the rest of the V3 cast watching him from beyond (they're all dead), knowing full well that they are the cause of his awful personality.

One more thing: anyone cultured has watched Multiverse of Madness (Marvel) right? Great. Now imagine Evil Shuichi doing the same thing.