1 Genius, 2 Graves

Once again, y'all get to see the results of my horrible editing skills.

No matter what people say, humans are judgemental beings. That fact will never change. 

As the sun shone brightly above, everyone, and that meant everyone, gathered in the city square as the queen once again made her regular monthly trip downtown. The queen's visits were regular, so that wasn't the reason so many people had gathered.

A week ago, a messenger from the palace had announced to the entire kingdom that the queen's adopted son, the prince of Novoselic, was going to join his mother on this very day. The prince had not left the castle walls for 8 years, so this was going to be a very memorable day. 

The prince was completely unknown to the people. He was an important figure who just suddenly popped into their lives, out of nowhere. No one knew anything about him, not even the soldiers themselves. All that was known about the prince, was his name: Shuichi.

Everyone was anxious to lay their eyes on the boy who would one day become their king. What would he be like? What would he look like?

There were all sorts of rumours everywhere, all surrounding the prince, none of which were confirmed, nor denied.

"I heard that the reason why the prince remained in the castle for so long is that he has some sort of... incurable disease. Some sort of genetic illness passed down from his biological mother."

"I heard that too! That's why the queen insisted on bringing him out today, so that he can see the world for himself before he... passes away."

"My friend said that he overheard some people ranting at the bar once. Said something about the prince being a spoiled brat."

"I don't know what in Nevermind everyone's so worried about. The prince was raised by her Majesty, Sonia Nevermind! I bet he'll be a fine man!"

"Don't assume things... I heard that he likes watching people suffer."

"Mommy... Daddy said that the prince was an evil person taking advantage of the queen's kindness. Is that true?"

"I'm not sure, darling. According to the rumours... the prince has... seen things... Death does things to a person."

Everyone fell silent as the royal limo pulled up, sleek black with gold details. The queen was the first to exit, wearing a gorgeous white dress of satin and lace with her usual golden crown.

No one was surprised at this. This was Novoselic tradition. The supreme ruler always came out first. They always stood in the front. 

"Shuichi, we're here." said the queen, stepping away from the car door, making enough space for someone else to come out. Everyone held their breath. No one knew what to expect as a shiny shoe poked out of the limo.

Luckily, the kingdom had nothing to worry about. As a young kid stepped out of the car, every worry that anyone had was immediately cast away, like demons being exorcised by some sort of saintly power.

The prince was not a spoiled brat or an evil person. Not at all. The prince was an angel. He was a gorgeous boy, with a slim figure and smooth skin as white as snow. His hair was silky blue, his eyes shone gold. He wore a suit the same dark colour as his hair, with a flowing black cloak and a small golden crown. 

The first thing the boy did when he stepped out into the sun was to smile shyly and wave at the people staring. It is said that someone's eyes and smile can say a lot about someone. And the clear message that everyone got from the prince was that he was nothing like they had imagined.