Chapter 58 - Always

I stir lightly when a pair of warm lips press softly against my shoulder, again and again and again.

"Good morning, beautiful." Calum whispered against my skin huskily.

"Morning." I mumbled tiredly.

Calum chuckles as I bury my head further into the pillow and pull his arm tighter around me. He tangles his legs through mine and cuddles his body around mine.

"Wake up, baby." He whispered into my ear, making goosebumps rise on my skin.

"I am awake."

I yawn and roll over in Calum's arms, burying my head into his neck and placing my hand on his chest. He wraps his arms tighter around me and starts running his fingers gently through my hair.

"I wish we could stay like this all day." I smile against his warm skin.

"We can."

"Knowing our luck, the boys will probably decide to pop over."

"Then I'll tell them to get lost." He smirked against my forehead.

"Mhm." I mumbled.

I nuzzle my face further against his neck and run my fingers over his feather tattoo, reminding me that I've been wanting to ask him about it for a while now.

"Cal?" I asked quietly, not knowing if it was something personal or not.

"Yeah, babe?"

"I've been meaning to ask you for a while, but, what does your tattoo mean? The feather one, I mean."

He looked down at my finger tracing over the ink across his collarbone and smiled, almost shyly.

"You know that time when you basically disappeared for a while? Yeah, well, I didn't really know if I'd see you again and I missed you a lot..." He trailed off.

I smile and I could feel my cheeks turning slightly red, but I don't say anything. I can tell that there is something else that he wants to say. I nudge his jaw with my nose affectionately, provoking him to continue.

"And I remembered you telling me, when you first came here, that you wanted to be free. All the time that you were gone, I guess that I was just hoping that you found that freedom... Even if I was never going to see you again."

"Calum..." I whispered after a moment of silence.

"I know that sounds really creepy and clingy, especially since we weren't even close to being together at the time but... I really cared about you, even back then. I just wanted you to be happy, you deserved it, and you still do. Plus it looks really cool."

I laugh lightly as tears well in my eyes, happy tears. No one has ever said anything like that to me before. No one has cared that much for me before.

I pull away from his neck and quickly crush my lips against his passionately. He seems surprised but doesn't waste any time in kissing me back. I push my tongue against his lips and he greedily lets me in, sliding his own tongue into my mouth.

I move my leg up to wrap it around Calum's waist as he places his hand on my back of my thigh, pulling me closer to him. He moans lightly when I roll over onto my back and pull him with me, wrapping my other leg around his waist and letting him settle his body between them.

I place my hands on his bare hips and push them back up when he started to ease them down against mine. "Keep your hips up there, babe." I warned while giggling slightly.

"Don't you want round two?" Calum smirked.

I raise an eyebrow at him and grin. "Let me recover from round one first."