Chapter 51 - Plans

"Aw, don't you look pretty." Calum cooed.

"Shut up, Cal." I groaned, making my way down the stairs.

I looked down at my school dress and cringed. I'm dreading the moment I walk into that school today, so much so that I feel like vomiting right now.

"You okay?" He frowned.

"No, I'm not."

"You'll be fine," he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into a side hug. "You can stay glued to me for the whole day if you want."

"I think I might take you up on that offer."

"That's fine with me."

"You two leaving already?" Joy came out from the kitchen.

"Yeah, we're going to walk today. Give Jordan some time to relax a little." Calum squeezed my shoulders in a friendly way so that Joy doesn't suspect anything.

"Alright, well you don't want to be late, so off you go. Oh, and Jordan, have you eaten anything for breakfast?"

I hesitated and gulped. "No."

"Jordan!" Calum complained.

"I'm sorry," I pouted. "I feel sick, I don't feel like eating anything."

"Well you have to eat something, honey. Here," she handed me an apple. "Take this and eat it along the way."

I groaned but took the fruit from her hands and Calum and I made our way out of the house. He grabbed my wrist gently and tugged me along, faster than I want to be walking right now.

"Calum, I don't want to speed walk to school." I complained.

"Don't worry," he chuckled. "We're not."

I frowned when he slowed down as we reached a brick wall a few metres from the house.

"Calum, what are you-"

"I haven't had my good morning kiss yet." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes but wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist and brought our lips together. The way our lips fit perfectly together calmed me a little and I realised that I'm definitely glad that I decided to stay with Calum, even though I haven't sorted things out.

"Is that better?" I tilted my head to the side as we pulled away.

"Definitely." He grinned.

He pecked my lips once more, taking my hand in his and twirling me under his arm before we continued walking.

~

"Hey guys!" Luke called as he ran towards us.

Calum quickly took his hand out of mine so that Luke didn't see.

"Hey man." He greeted.

"Hey, Luke." I forced a small smile.

Luke pushed past Calum to walk next to me, bumping his hip against mine as he chuckled.

"How are you feeling?"

"Just dandy." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine." He chuckled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"No, I will not be fine. With the reputation I left behind, people are probably going to think that I went to rehab or something." I stressed.

The boys burst out laughing.

"They won't think you've been to rehab." Calum shook his head, crinkles by his eyes due to his laughter.