Chapter 18 - Hospital

Confusion took over my mind and body as I slowly came back into reality.

I can't open my eyes as they're practically glued shut. I can't move my body at all as it feels numb and heavy. I feel sick, but it's not like before. It's more like my body is in so much pain that it can't function properly. The pain has turned into numbness, resulting in a sort of numb sickness feeling in my head and stomach.

It feels strange. I don't even feel like I'm in my own body. I can't remember anything that happened to give me answers to why my body feels so strange. But what's even stranger is the fact that I didn't have a nightmare last night, if I was even sleeping - for all I know, I could have been knocked out.

My slumber was just filled with blackness, and for some reason, that's humbling - knowing that I didn't have to suffer through another nightmare, I finally got a break.

But it bothers me that I can't remember anything.

Groaning, I tried to open my eyes and push my body up, but my body didn't respond. My muscles seem to be locked in place.

"Jordan?" A deep voice sounded hopeful. "Jordan, can you hear me?"

I whimpered and frowned, trying to work out who the voice is, but my mind is too cloudy to focus on anything. So I tried to push myself up again.

"Hey, take it easy. You're not suppose to be getting up yet." The voice said again, as I hand pushed me gently back down.

The voice was comfortingly familiar, which I am glad for. I don't know where I am or what's going on, but at least someone I know is here.

"Someone, go get the doctor." The voice breathed.

It's Calum, I know it's him. I know nothing bad will happen while he's with me. I managed to crack my eyes open.

"Calum?" My voice sounds weak, I can't even recognise it as my own.

Calum's head snapped towards me. "Jordan." He breathed. "Thank God."

The light from the windows reflects off the white walls of the room, making my eyes hurt, so I closed them again. Calum grabbed my hand gently and slipped his fingers through mine.

"Where am I?"

"You're in the hospital, but don't worry, everything's okay. God I'm so happy you're okay, I was so worried. We all were." Calum squeezed my hand gently.

"What are you talking about?" I frowned.

"You-you don't remember?"

He looked past me and at something else with a worried look on his face. The bed dipped and I looked over to see Michael sitting down on the edge with Ashton standing beside him, all of them with worried looks on their faces. I'm guessing Luke went to go get the doctor.

"What?" I asked quietly.

Calum ran his free hand through his hair and squeezed my hand with the other. As he buried his face in my stomach, I can tell that he's not going to answer. I looked over at Michael and Ashton, and as I actually looked at them I realised something. They're covered in cuts and bruises.

"Calum, look at me." I said slowly as I turned my head to look down at him.

Slowly raising his head, he placed his chin on my stomach, staring at me as I frowned. Using my free hand to gently touch the wounds I lingered over a cut along his cheekbone. The memory is right at the tip of my tongue, but I can't reach it. I can't remember it and it's incredibly frustrating.

"How long does it take for Luke to get the doctor?" Ashton sighed frustratedly.

I continued to stare at Calum as he closed his eyes as I stroked the prominent dark rings under them. It looks like he hasn't slept in days... How long have I been here?