Chapter 56 - Love

"Jordan, come on, don't act like this."

"I don't have time for this, Cal, I have to get going."

"Please stay," he pleaded. "You promised me we'd fix things between us."

"And we will," I insisted with a sigh. "But we need to do it later today, okay? What I have to do is important and I really have to go now."

"Right," Calum took a step away from me with a hurt expression. "Because everything is more important than me."

"Don't start with that again, Cal, you know it's not like that."

"Then tell me where you're going."

"To another gang meeting, okay? And this one is really important."

"Let me come with you."

"No, Calum," I shook my head lightly. "I would say yes but this just isn't something that I want you to be there for."

"And that makes it any better for you to go? I don't think so. I'm coming with you." With his mind set, he went to walk up stairs presumably to get changed or get his phone or something, but I placed my hands on his chest gently to stop him.

"Please, Cal, I don't want you to be there for this. Yes, it doesn't make it any better for me to be there but I'm use to it. I've been through it before and I don't want you to be there. It's not something that you should see and hear when you're just starting out in the gang life."

He slowly reached forward, placing his hands on my hips and gently pulling me against him, making me reach up to wrap my arms around his neck.

"So, is that what this is now? I'm living the gang life?" He smiled, his tone lighter than before.

I rolled my eyes. "I guess you are, well, at least you're starting to. But I'm telling you now, you are not becoming a gang member, okay? So don't even think about it." I warned.

"Why not?" Calum frowned.

"Why not? I scoffed. "Because it's not fun and games, Calum. It's serious and it's reality. It's not just some T.V show where the endings are predictable, nothing is predictable when it comes to gangs. Between drugs and money and guns and murders and a whole lot of other things, this isn't the type of life that I want you to get involved in. And it certainly shouldn't be something that you want."

"But..." His frown deepened. "We're in this together, and I don't want to have to be worrying about you all the time because I'm not allowed to-"

"Stop, Calum," I shook my head, a hollow feeling tightening my chest. "We'll talk about this later, okay? It's something that we need time to talk about, I can't just give you a straight out answer. I really don't have time right now, I have to-"

A car horn blaring outside interrupted me mid-sentence, backing up my need to get going because I know that it's Smith.

"I really have to go." I pulled out of Calum's embrace reluctantly.

His face dropped which made the hollowness in my chest deepen further. "It's Smith again, isn't it?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah," I exhaled. "But I'm not ditching you for him, okay? He's just giving me a lift. Besides, we are in the same gang, so you can't expect me to suddenly hate him now that I'm dating you."

"So, we are dating now, huh?" Calum smirked, suddenly changing moods.

"I guess so..." I replied flirtatiously. "But I don't remember anyone asking me out on a date."

"I guess someone will have to fix that then."

"I guess they do."

We both grinned as Calum leaned in and moulded his lips to mine, kissing me slowly and taking my breath away.