Chapter 49 - Honest

I grabbed the thick throw that is draped across the end of the bed, listening to the water run in the shower as I wrapped it around my half-naked body, not bothering to put any clothes back on. Our room is absolutely beautiful; huge and simplicitic, but it's still different from any other hotel bedroom I've seen.

It's long, horizontally, and the wall that the bed is facing is just a wall of glass - just a huge window framing the large balcony. I walked over to the end of the window, pushing the sliding door open and stepping out into the cool night breeze. I pulled the bed throw tighter around my body, trying to stop the cold wind from stealing the warmth from my skin.

I leaned my elbows against the support railing of the glass fench surrounding the balcony as I looked out over the water and the city. Being so high up, in the penthouse, I can see for miles, the buildings lights glittering in the night's darkness and reflecting across the water.

I took a deep breath in, closing my eyes as I do, before reopening them. The night is so beautiful, this whole experience is so beautiful. I am so lucky. If I had not agreed to come to the party, and Joy had not agreed to let Calum come with me, none of this would have happened. Calum and I wouldn't have happened.

This is like a holiday away from reality. Away from people and away from everything that's troubling me. I'm away from everything that's holding me back, and that's why I feel so free - so open. I don't ever want to go back. When I do, I have to face everything again. I have to face my fears and my problems, out here, none of that exists. This free feeling is so addicting.

Maybe if I figure out my problems and get rid of them, I'll always have this free feeling. That's what I need to do, figure out all of my problems and make them go away. Problem is, I don't know how. I just want to stay in this haven with Calum forever.

I gasped when a pair of warm arms wrapped around my waist, interrupting my thoughts, but instantly knowing that it's Calum.

"There's my girl." He smiled and rested his head on my shoulder, pecking my cheek affectionately.

"Hey." I replied, dragging out the 'y' slightly in admiration.

I opened my arms, letting Calum come into the throw and letting him take it from my hands, wrapping it around both of our bodies as he laid his hands on the small of my back after I turned around in his arms.

He leaned in and pressed his lips softly to mine as I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck, playing with the ends of his hair. We obviously both feel a lot more comfortable around each other as Calum's just in his boxers and I'm just in my bra and underwear, but I'm still not quite confident with my body. I never really have been, especially because of the scars that I now have after what the Castigo gang did to me all those years ago.

"What were you thinking about?" Calum asked as he pulled away from the kiss.

"You," I stared into his brown eyes. "This... Us."

"I like the sound of that," he smiled down at me. "Us."

A smile pulled at my lips, liking the sound of it too.

"What about us?" Calum kissed my nose gently.

My smile faded as all my worrisome thoughts came back, and seeing my hesitant expression, Calum panicked.

"You're having second thoughts?" He looked at the ground. "I knew it..."

"What?" I frowned. "No, of course not. What just happened between us was amazing, I would never, ever take that back. I don't regret anything about it."

"Good," Calum sighed in relief, looking back up at me. "Because I think it was amazing as well. It's the best thing that's ever happened to me. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."