Chapter 47 - Until Tonight

"So," Calum started slowly. "You're okay with us staying in the same room?"

"I've already told you, Cal," I laughed lightly. "Yes, I'm fine with us staying in the same room."

"And you're sure? Because I don't want you to feel like I'm pressuring you or anything."

"It's fine, Calum, honestly."

"And what if there's just one bed?"

"Then we'll figure it out. Now stop worrying so much."

"I'm not worrying, I'm looking forward to it-"

"Oh, I bet you are." I smirked.

"Jordan," Calum groaned. "After what you said at that family gathering thing, I just don't want you to feel like I'm pressuring you into anything, okay?"

"Okay, Calum, calm down. It's fine. I'm the one who invited you, knowing the circumstances. And I'm the one who convinced Joy to let us stay in the same room. You're not pressuring me."

"Okay, good." He nodded.

After a few seconds, he reached over and took my hand in his, smiling at me as he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Two hands on the wheel!" I complained playfully.

"I can drive with one."

He smirked as he pushed my hand out of the way and placed his hand on my thigh, squeezing lightly.

I rolled my eyes but let him keep his hand there, liking the feeling. It feels like we're already a couple, or at least already dating. Does this count as a date? It's quite intimate for a first date, sleeping in the same hotel room, maybe even same bed. I'm not going to call it a date; neither of us said that this is a date and besides, it's meeting one of my previous foster families, I don't think that's a good date at all.

"Have you learned to drive?" Calum asked.

"Not exactly." I bit down on my bottom lip.

"What do you mean 'not exactly'?" He frowned while smiling.

"Well... I, uh, I was taught how to race."

"You were taught how to race?"

"Yeah, a few years ago."

"What type of racing?"

"Illegal racing." I laughed and looked out the window.

What other kind of racing would I be taught without knowing how to drive a car beforehand?

"What, like street racing and stuff?"

"Yep."

"Awesome," his smirk grew. "My soon-to-be-girlfriend is a street racer. That's so hot."

"Soon-to-be-girlfriend?" I scoffed with a smirk. "You've got high hopes."

"What do you mean 'high hopes'? You're the one who said that when you sort things out we're going to be together, did you not?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I crossed my arms over my chest, not bothering to hide my smirk.

"Oh, you're asking for it."

Calum moved his hand from my thigh and up to my waist, where he started tickling me. I squealed and started squirming in my seat as he grinned, digging his fingers further into my ribs.

"C- Calum stop, y- you're dri- driving." I gasped.

"I'm a great driver, nothing distracts me."

I finally grabbed his hand and pulled it away from me, keeping it locked between my two hands.