6

Hey guys, I am extremely sorry for what happened in the last chapter. I know my chapters are kinda short but the one I typed the other day was a little long. And now I am writing it all over again. Hope you guys like it.

Jo's POV

We reached the Eiffel Tower in 15 minutes. "Everyone stay together, we don't want to search for anyone in the huge crowd. Got it?" Ms.N asked

"Yes" came as a reply from everyone except me. I don't understand why this noise pollution? Anyways we got down. Our tickets were handed over to us and we walked in after the checking was done.

There are three entrances to the Tower. One is for those who choose to climb stairs, second one takes you to the elevators and the third entrance is for the people who have reserved the elevator. So yeah. I decided to take the stairs as not many people do it and I could be away from those stupid people who are my so called friends. Yes, you got that right "so called friends". Actually the thing is I have helped those people in the past so they are sticking with me. I tried many things to get rid of them but they wouldn't leave me. They are all very sweet but I do not need friends.

So there are three floors/levels in the Eiffel Tower. Well, I don't get one thing why people come to see Eiffel Tower, no offence. I mean it looks the same as in the pictures and all so why? It attracts like 7 million tourist per year. So, let me tell you a few things about this great monument.

It was completed on March 31, 1889, the tower was the world's tallest man-made structure for 41 years until the completion of the Chrysler Building in New York in 1930.It is 324 metres tall (including antenna) and weighs 10,100 tonnes.

The antenna was added to increase the height after the construction of Chrysler Building so that it could still be the tallest structure again. The total steps are 1,665 but people prefer to take the lift. The lifts travel a combined distance of 103,000 km in a year - that is two and a half times the circumference of the Earth.

During cold weather the tower shrinks by about six inches. Its construction took two years, two months and five days - 180 years fewer than Paris's other great attraction, Notre Dame. During the German occupation, the tower's lift cables were cut, and the tower was closed to the public. Nazi soldiers then attempted to attach a swastika to the top, but it was so large that it was blown away by the wind and had to be replaced with a smaller one.

There are a number of other replicas around the world, including one in Las Vegas and one at the Window of the World theme park in Shenzhen, China.

So you guys must be thinking how I know all these facts. Well, let me tell you that I read these sometime ago and I remember them very well because I have a very high IQ. So I  am smarter and intelligent than most of the people in this world. No, don't get me wrong, I am not boasting about myself, just trying to give you some information about myself.

I took the steps which had a lot of historical facts about this famous monument. I reached the first level in like 6 minutes and 42 seconds. The first level has some restaurants and provides an amazing background for pictures but not as good as the second level does. After viewing the city from the first level I clinbed up to the second level. The second floor gives a breathtaking view the city. I reached the second floor and looked at the city. There are a few telescopes which you can use by putting in 0.50 euros and see the part of the city you are facing. Each floor has a gift shop that privides souvenirs for tourists.

We can climb the two levels using steps but the third can be reached by using the elevator only. So I got into the line to go up. It took about 15 minutes to get into the elevator. The third floor has restaurant and it also provides the same view of the city but the whole city looks a lot more smaller.