24

Jo's POV

You may have done something and that is why he doesn't love you.

I am the one who is wrong and evil. I don't deserve anyone that's why everyone leaves me. I can only harm people, I don't deserve to be loved. Aster's word kept on repeating in my mind.

I couldn't sleep like that with all the thoughts on my mind. I got out of the bed and decided to go for a walk. After walking for about 15 minutes I reached a park. I sat on a bench and began thinking of all the things that have happened in the past years.

I have been rude to everyone including my own family. I don't know a few things from past which are related to me. I don't have it in me to make my own father love me let alone anybody else. Aster was right, I cannot be loved.

I am a monster. I am evil. I hate myself. People hate me. I hurt people. I am bad. I have always done wrong. And to top it all I don't regret doing it all.

I just sat there all the while thinking. As the sun rose, beautiful rays scattered around, glorifying everything. I walked back home. I could hear Aster's and Bella's voices coming from inside the house. I opened the door and slowly made my way in.

Bella came out of the kitchen and seeing me she asked "Where are you coming from?"

I opened my mouth to answer but she beat me "Don't tell me you are coming back now from your one night stand"

I opened my mouth again to answer but she dint let me

"Aster here says that you came home late yesterday so I thought you were already done for the day?"

This time I waited to see if she has something else to say. She was looking at me up and down. I thought she wasn't going to say anything so I opened my mouth to say where I was but she started off again

"Did you go for a run or something? Your outfit suggests that you were gone for a run" she says.

"I went for a walk" I said when I finally got a chance to speak.

She just nodded and looked at my face skeptically and after a careful examination spoke

"Why are your eyes so red?"

"I couldn't sleep all night" I said

"Why?"

"Just like that"

She gave me a look which said she dint believe me. I shrugged and went to take a shower. After quickly showering and brushing my teeth I got dressed. Aster and Bella had already left for school and made me a sandwich for breakfast.

I grabbed the sandwich and my car keys from the bowl and left for school. School day went on as usual, slow and boring. After school, while I was on my way to office, I got a call from Paul, mom's friend, who has always been very helpful and loyal towards her and also taken care of me.

He asked me to meet him at his house. I would have never thought that this meeting would give me answers to all my questions. After leaving Paul's house I directly went to meet Mr.Dawson.

I barged into his room where he was reading a book. He looked up from his book at me and frowned.

"What do you need?" He asked in a bored tone

"You fucking bastard" I yelled and went to grabbed him by his collar.

I pulled him up by his collar so we were face to face. Never in a hundred years would I have thought that this man did all those things and I never knew about it.