64

Anne's POV

THUD

I woke up from a loud noise in my room. I opened my eyes to find Isabella on the floor giving me a sheepish smile.

"I was trying to be quiet, sorry" she murmured.

"It's okay" I motioned for her to come near me.

When she stood by the edge of the bed, I pushed my body upward, just enough for my hand to reach behind her neck. I pulled in her in for a deep kiss.

"That's how you are supposed to wish me good morning" I mutter against her lips which earns me a smile from her.

"Wanna take a shower together?" I smirk to which Isabella nods gently.

I get out of the bed, grab my clothes and towel. I brush my teeth while Isabella gets the shower running.

After forty minutes of great morning shower sex we were out now. I quickly put on my clothes. Our morning activities have made me very hungry, I practically skipped down the stairs to go eat breakfast.

When I got down, I couldn't see Jo. I went to the kitchen but no sign of her. I exited the kitchen upon hearing a door click. Jo stood in the middle of the room dressed in all black. She seemed to be in a hurry.

"Good morning, Jo" I greeted her.

She turned around surprised to find me there. She gave me a little smile wishing me back. Isabella strutted down the stairs, nodding at Jo before making her way over to me.

"Who died?" Bella asked bluntly.

Jo seemed surprised but covered it up quickly "Nobody. I just have to meet someone"

Jo's answer didn't seem too convincing. She was very fidgety and restless. It seemed like she just wanted to get the hell out of here.

"Where is this meeting?" I asked being skeptical.

"Umm... its uh- in a cafe" Jo stuttered a tad bit.

"Mm...hmm" I hummed.

"I prepared breakfast for the both of you, it's in the kitchen. I-I am getting late" Jo said while grabbing her keys and wallet.

"Sorry, Anne, I won't be able to take drive you today, I really have to get to the office now, bye" Jo rushed.

Jo said she had a meeting in a cafe and now she said that she was going to the office. She was behaving weirdly too. Why was she lying?

"I think we should follow her" Isabella stated.

"No! She would not like that and we would be disturbing her privacy" I protested but I knew following Jo is a good idea.

"I am going behind her, you stay or come, it's up to you" Isabella grabbed the keys to her car.

I got into the car with Isabella who called Sydney and told her that we were following Jo because she was acting very suspiciously. Sydney agreed to meet us wherever Jo was going.

We were following Jo from a little distance making sure to keep at least two cars between hers and ours. A few minutes into the chase Sydney caught up to us. A few turns later we saw Jo slowing down. We slowed down and parked the car, Jo's car stopped a few meters away from us, she quickly got down.

Jo adjusted her all black suit and tie. It really did look like she was dressed for a funeral. I looked around to see where we were, to my surprise we were actually outside of a cemetery. Jo walked to the florist shop on the opposite side.