34

Anne's POV

Jo woke up two hours after Dr. Mortimer left. Even after waking up she was still groggy. As advised by Dr.M, Syd gave her hot chocolate to drink but she refused it.

"Drink it up or else you will get your ass whooped. I have had enough of you and I am mad at you since yesterday. Don't act stupid and do as I say. We need to to talk so make it fast" Sydney told Jo in a very stern voice.

Jo just nodded and blew on her cup of hot chocolate before sipping it. She sat and sipped the hot chocolate drink very slowly. Bella has been trying very hard to control her emotions, she is still enraged at Jo and also a little worried about her little sister.

I have not made eye contact with Jo. She did not dare to look me in the eye and neither did I. I don't know what to do? I don't understand how to address this situation.

"I am going to file a complaint against you, Jo. I will report you to police for kidnapping a man, torturing him and for molesting my girlfriend" Bella said.

Jo did not tell anything, she just sipped her hot chocolate and I think this angered Bella even more. The tension in the air was getting thicker and thicker with every passing second.

"Did you hear me?" Bella asked Jo in a threatening tone. But instead of answering Bella or even looking up at her and giving her any kind of consideration, Jo just stared out of the window. Bell got even more angry and then suddenly a vase came flying and hit Jo's head.

"Answer me when I ask you something, you fucker!" Bella shouted at Jo whose head was now bleeding.

Jo put down her mug of hot chocolate and got up. She walked to where me and Bella were but instead of talking to us or anything she just went past us towards the restroom.

"Bella, you have got to calm down. You have been treating her like trash ever since dad told you about your mother's death. She was about to die, just give her some peace for a little while. I know she has done wrong but just wait and be a little patient" Sydney said and walked to where Jo was.

"That was so wrong, baby. Please stay calm. You are becoming very violent. Just because she is not saying or reacting to you when you hit her and all but that does not mean you are right" I said to Bella.

I peeked behind Bella's back and saw Jo cleaning up her wound and starting to dress it up. Sydney spoke to Jo but she did not respond. Sydney came back and sat on couch with us and announced that Jo will come and talk to us in 10 minutes.

Jo came out of the restroom in 10 minutes with a bandage on her forehead where the vase hit her and then walked into the kitchen. Bella's patience was running thin and I tried to keep her calm. 5 minutes later Jo walked back with four cups of coffee and four glasses of water and then went upstairs. She came back later in a few minutes with a file which looked very old.

She sat down and looked at all of us sitting in front of her. None of us spoke for a good two minutes. Jo kept staring at Isabella and Sydney but then her gaze shifted towards me and I looked away. I could feel her eyes on me even when I was not looking at her.

"Stop looking at my girlfriend" Bella said rudely.

"I am sorry, Anne. I apologize to you for what I did last night. I was drunk but I cannot blame that for my behaviour. I misbehaved and disrespected you. I regret it and and I truly apologize to you for that. I assure you that it will never happen again"

She continued "I never intended to hurt you or force myself on you. I apologize to you for behaving rudely and for touching you and kissing you without your consent. I do not ask for you to forgive me because I know it is difficult to forgive someone who has wronged you and abused you. I will do everything in my power to make it up to you"