25

Jo's POV

She had that evil smirk on her face. I was in pain and she just stood there and watched everything. Each and every part of my body ached. I wanted to get up and slap her but I could not move any part of my body. Its hurts so much.

My body hurts. My heart aches. Everything hurts. I don't wanna live anymore. I just want to go and die somewhere. I miss mommy. I want to see mom, I want to talk to her, I want to cry on her shoulder while she holds me and says that everything is alright.

I can hear her evil laughter while she goes with him. She is laughing at me. All this time she had been playing with me and my feelings. I thought she was different but I was just a big joke for her.

And now, she is coming back. She is coming back. SHE IS COMING BACK. SHE IS COMING BACK. I DON'T WANT HER BACK. I DON'T WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN.

I jerked up from the bed, breathing hard and sweating profusely. Two nurses came rushing to me and held me down. One of them offered me water which I chugged down fast. My mouth and throat felt dry even after drinking water. I signalled to them to refill my glass with water. I drank the second glass of water while one of them went out of the room and came back with a doctor.

Now , I realised where I was. I was in a hospital. I was driving and now I am here. What had happened? The call! She called me! She is coming back!

"Hello! I am Dr.Richard, I have been handling your case" he introduced himself and asked "Can I know your name?"

"Jo"

"So, Jo, do you remember what happened? I mean how you ended up here?" he asked

"Well, I driving when I got a call, as it was connected to the bluetooth device I answered the call and next thing I know I was flying and then I passed out" I said

"Right, so after that you were spotted by someone who immediately called an ambulance cause you looked pretty awful at the time. By the time you were brought to the hospital, you had lost a lot of blood. You had an open wound on your head, and open fracture on your hand. Then you also hurt your back which will be a problem for a while. Then you ribs, I believe they have been fractured before" he looked at me for conformation. I nodded so he continued

"So they are in a pretty bad shape. They got fractured again. Then you had a piece of glass in your abdomen too and a lot of scratches some big some small. Yeah thats pretty much it. You have been in and out for 3 days now. Nobody has come to enquire about you so, we wanted to know if there is someone we could call and inform them about you"

I pursed my lips thinking of whom to call. If I say I have nobody to call they will call the social services which will lead them to Brandon and everybody will know about the accident not that they will be affected a least bit cause probably they hate me now. And I certainly cant call any of them. Maybe I should call Stacey, but even she will be hating me right now if she has heard the awful story Brandon made up.

I thought for a few more seconds until finally deciding to give them Stacey's number. They called her and asked her to come here. I dint want to stay here but they wouldn't start the discharge process until Stacey came here so I had to suck it up and wait for her. I got them to remove all the machines that made noise.

After a wait of an awfully long time Stacey barged into my hospital room. She had worry sketched on her face. She was breathing hard, maybe she ran all the way. She came in and enveloped me in a hug. I dint push her away or responded to the hug, I just let her hug me. When she broke the hug she slapped me.

I was kinda shocked. Then Stacey started crying. What's with women and crying? I tried to comfort her and hold her but she pushed me away which hurt because of my ribs. She stopped crying and looked at me.