Chapter 11

Jo' POV

Bella left the room to get me some soup, I was hungry as hell. I checked my mails and quickly replied to them. Ter sat there, surfing her mobile and I was just staring at the ceiling when a smiling Stacey walked in. She looked very happy and seemed like the smile was permanently plastered on her face. She sat beside me quickly and I playfully elbowed her in the ribs which got her to hit me on my shoulder, I winced in pain and that caught the attention of Ter and she looked up at me then at Stacey who was  apologising to me and sat a little away from me. "I got a good news" she said.

"I can see that on your face, that is what I was asking you with my gesture which you returned by hurting me" I scoffed and she frowned and said "You can't ask 'what is the good news' like every other normal person?".

To which I replied saying "You forgot that I am not normal" I smirked and continued "It's me,  Jo Dawson , the greatest person alive on this earth. Anyway, what have you got to say?"

"Your design is approved by our board and they are going to start working on it from tomorrow" she said excitedly with a beautiful smile on her face.

"Obviously, they would approve of it , when did they ever disapprove anything that I had designed?" I said a bit cockily just to annoy Stacey.

A few minutes later, Bella entered the room with my soup, I immediately shot up which caused me to feel a lot of  pain in my body and fell back on the bed and started breathing heavily. Bella kept the soup aside and rushed to me, Stacey and Bella started panicking, I was trying to tell them to calm down but nothing came out my mouth and Ter came to the bedside and tried to calm Bella and Stacey. I tried to even my breath and it took a while, after calming Bella and Stacey, Aster came and sat beside making sure not to touch me and told me to take deep long breaths, I already tried it but it hurts my ribs.

After like 6 minutes my breath was normal, everyone was still surrounding me "I am fine" I tried to assure them and they sighed in relief when they saw that I was in fact fine.

"Bella can you please call Dr. Mortimer and hand me the phone?" I requested, she nodded and dialled his number on my phone and gave it to me. After three rings he answered the call.

(Hey Jo how are you feeling now?)

"Hey doc, I am better but I think my ribs are broken" I said.

(I wasn't sure if you had any broken ribs because you did not complain about any pain in that area. If you can handle the pain then well and good if not just take the painkiller and as for the broken ribs, I will be there in a while then we can go to the hospital and get an x-ray done to confirm it and then I will see what we can do about it)

"Okay fine, I will see you then" and I hung up.

Bella and Stacy had a worried face while Ter had a blank one. "Bella, I am hungry, get me the soup and doc will be here in a while so make it fast" I said and she got the soup and Ter and Stacy helped me sit. I finished all the soup and just on cue doc entered the room. Whatever happened to my doorbell and locks on the door?

"Let's go" he said and helped me stand, using the crutches I went down with him and in his car. We reached his the hospital, he quickly got the X-ray and then put a bandage on my chest. I had two broken ribs on the right side. Now this is just great, two broken ribs on right, a broken ankle again, the right one, had two stitches on my face one on left and the other above my right eye and a huge cut on my back which was deep but not too deep to be stitched and many many many cuts, bruises and wounds here and there.

Doc left me at Dad's house again and I went upstairs and slept as it was close to 12 at night. Again, I had the same nightmares. I woke up in the morning because of the nightmare and was sweating Bella came rushing into the room , I put on a poker face as soon as I saw her "What happened?" she asked concern and panic lacing her voice. I just shook my head and said that nothing had happened, she dint look convinced "I heard you screaming" she said , I never knew I scream when I  have nightmares, nobody lives with me in my house.