40

JO's POV

After dropping London and Jennifer, I headed home with Aster. I dropped Aster at home went to the mall to get a few things. I bought all the things that I needed and went home. As soon as I got home, I hopped into the shower. After a very relaxing and long shower, I got dressed in a black graphic t-shirt and cargo pants.

I went to search for Aster, she was in my old room. I knocked on the door and heard a small 'come in'. I went in and closer the door behind me.

"Hey there" I greeted her as cheerfully as possible.

"Hi, what do you want?" she asked, she was still upset that I did not wish her on her birthday.

"I wanted to sort things out and explain myself. Would you like to hear my side now?" I asked her very politely. It is always best to take the polite approach when the other person is angry at you.

She nodded her head so I continued with my side of the story. "So, on the day of your birthday, I did come to wish you. I personally came with your favourite flowers to wish you but Bella met me at the door and she refused to let me meet you. She even refused to give the flowers that I brought along. I told her that I had something planned for your birthday but you know how much she dislikes me now, so she did not let me wish you or take you out."

She took in all the information and then said "You could have called or messaged"

"I did. When I called your phone to wish you, Bella answered the call and asked me not to call you so I left a message. Not just one but five messages in the whole day but I did not get any reply so I figured that Bella had the phone. I can show you my phone, you can check the call logs and messages" I offered her my phone.

"No, its fine. I trust you. I am sorry that I got angry for no reason at all."

"Hey, don't apologise. Its your right to get angry when your friend does not wish you on your birthday. Chill! Anyway how did you like the birthday present that I got you?" I asked referring to the car that I got her as a birthday present.

"Oh yeah, about that, Jo, it was so nice of you to gift me that car. Its really beautiful but I am sorry, I have to decline it. I cannot take such an expensive gift from you" Anne said.

"You don't want to take it just because it is expensive, right?"I confirmed and she nodded.

"Okay, so take it as your payment. You have worked in this house for months now. You have cleaned it, cooked meals for me. So you have acted as a house keeper and also as my chef and I did not award you for your services and this is my way of repaying. Can you accept a payment?" I proposed.

"No, even the cleaning and cooking services won't fetch me this much" I she stated.

"For your information, the chefs that I hired before cost me $20,000 per month and my room services costs me $35,000 for four months. So I think if I paid you for all the services you could afford this car. Not to forget that you did my laundry so many times. Please take the care, if you don't want it as a gift then take it as a payment, please"

She finally nodded her head and gave me her million dollar smile. "Thanks a lot, Jo. For the car and for letting me stay here with you. Thanks for supporting me and being a friend to me" she hugged me.

I was shocked by her actions. The hug was a total surprise but I did not want to miss this moment and this affection that I was getting from her at this moment so I put my hands on her back. She broke the hug, too soon for my liking. I knew I can never be more than a friend to her but I want her more than a friend. I want her to be mine, to be my one and only but she is taken and that too by my sister. I cannot hurt my sister.