32

Jo's POV

Two days after her birthday, Anne came back to the house and she refused talking to me. I want to get rid of Scarlett and for that I should confess to Anne that I am in love with her. I know she will never be mine.

Meanwhile, I have been trying to gather documents of mom's murder so that I can prove it to Bella that I am not a murderer. As I am sitting in the living room with my laptop open I heard a scream.

Only me and Anne are in the house and the scream has come from upstairs. I ran up to the second floor and checked all the rooms but Anne was nowhere to be found. 'Did she go to the third floor? Shit' I thought to myself. I told her not to go there.

I went up to the third floor and called out Anne's name but I did not get any reply. I proceeded to check the rooms and saw the door to the room on the corner open. 'Fuck! She went in here. This is so screwed up. What will I say to her? How will I explain this?' I started to worry as I walked towards the door.

I walked into the dark room which had no windows and only one light and a ceiling fan. The room was stinking as usual. I walked over to the switchboard and put on the lights. Anne was on the floor and she looked scared. She tried to get up but failed, I think she fell down. I went up to her and helped her stand up.

"Why are you here? I told you not to come to this floor? What the fuck are you doing up here?" I yelled at her.

She did not reply and continued to stare around. "Get out now!" I said but instead of going out of the room she walked further into the room towards the other door in the room.

I quickly walked towards her and blocked her way. She got a little agitated and pushed me out of her way and ran to the door successfully opening it and then another piercing scream came out of her mouth.

I scrambled off the floor and towards her. I tried to take her out of the room but she pushed me away and looked a little frightened. She kept staring at the man. 

Anne's POV

He was sitting there leaning against the wall. He looked awful. The room smelled really bad, it had the foul smell of rotten meat. The man had his head down and the only light was from the outside room. I walked into the room and tried to reach for the light switch.

The scene I saw next horrified me. The man had blood all over his body. He had wounds on his body and there was a rat feasting on his toe. The man remained motionless. He had long hair and nails and looked like he did not take a bath in months.

"Let's get out of here" said Jo.

"There has been a man living with us in this very house that too, in this condition. What the hell have you been doing? I am calling the police right now!" I said and fished out my phone from the pocket.

"Stop it! First of all you were not supposed to come up here. I asked you not to come on this floor. If you call the police then I will shackle you in the room just like him" Jo threatened in a mean voice and a shiver ran down my spine.

"I am calling Bella" I declared and speed dialed Bella's number. I asked her to come down to Jo's house as soon as possible and to bring Sydney along.

I know Jo does not listen to anyone other than Sydney. Jo snatched my phone and disconnected the call. She put the phone in her pocket and swiftly carried me up in her arms.

"Leave me alone. Put me down!" I shouted as I pounded my fist on her back.

She took me down to living room and put me on the couch and said "Do not move"