26

JO's POV

Its been a few days since I came home and Stacey has been checking up on me. The nurse is here to help me with my needs but Stace doesn't trust her enough, she personally comes to check how I am doing. Things with my sisters is the same, they don't want to see me. I have tried contacting them and trying to explain my side of the story but in vain.

I am able to walk now but not without difficulty and very slow. I will be going to school from tomorrow again. I retired for the day

**

The next day I was awakened by the sound of the stupid alarm clock which just crashed into the wall. I slowly got up and limped my way to the bathroom. After doing the daily hygiene chores, I got ready for school. I went downstairs where the nurse was waiting to change my dressing.

After eating the breakfast of half an apple I left the house with the stupid crutches. Stacey was to give me a ride to school and was on time. I got into her car and she started to back out slowly.

"Any progress yet?" Stacey asked

I shook my head in response. She didn't have to mention what she was talking about. I have been trying so hard to talk and mend things with Bella and Sydney. London and I were never close or anything and have always been hostile towards each other so I dint bother talking to her but I was prodding on talking to her once so she could explain my story to Bell and Syd but then she hated me from the start at least that is what I think.

Rest of the ride we spoke about work, there were a few meetings lined up so the next few weeks would be tiring. We came to a halt in front of the school gates and I suddenly felt queasy and nervous.

'What if she is back?' This was the question running in my mind all the time. I dint get anymore letters after that day so I dint know if she was already back.

"Take care" Stacey yelled as I got out of the car.

I slowly made my way to the main doors of the school. When I entered I was greeted by many students who asked about my health or told me to take care and gave me their wishes. I reached my locker to put away a few books. A note fell put which I caught quickly because I could not bend down.

The note was written on a bright yellow paper. I opened it and my face became stoic. The note said

I am already back and waiting for you. See you today.
-S

Now I was a nervous wreck. I walked in my class slowly, my mind preoccupied with my thoughts. The day passed in a blur and lunch came rolling down. I dint see her all day so I think she dint come today. I decided to talk to Bella.

I walked to the cafeteria and easily spotted the group sitting together. I slowly approached them, Ashley looked up and met my eyes but quickly gazed down at the table and muttered something to the others which caused the other to look up at me. Only four heads dint look up which I recognised as Bella' and Aster' but who were the other two.

I stopped dead in my track when it hit me one of the heads might be her. I could not walk up to the table or away from them. I was just rooted in my place and mind completely stopped. My breathing became laboured and with every passing second I was having difficulty breathing.

Everything looked blurry and I felt I was losing my vision. I closed my eyes to calm myself and started the breathing exercise but it was futile. I felt the gravity's pull and blacked out.

ISABELLA' POV

I saw Jo falling on the ground and quickly rushed to her side. I reached there right before her head hit the ground. I took her head in my lap and pleaded to her to wake up. Aster was right by my side gripping my shoulder.