Chapter 20

Aster's POV

I entered my class just before the bell rang, I took my seat and faced the teacher. I have history with Jo and Ashley. Mr.Will kept talking about some project we had to do, he was going to give us partners. He started assigning partners and my mind drifted back to this morning , when Jo asked Bella if their father ever asks about her, I heard the pain, anger and disappointment in her voice. I don't like Jo, but I am not that bad of a person, I can see that Jo is broken. First I came to know about what her uncle did to her and now I see that Brandon doesn't care about her. I never thought Brandon would be like this I mean, when I see him with Bella and Sydney , he seems to be very caring. He loves his daughters but I never heard him talk about Jo thay way, the only time I saw that he cared about Jo was when he found out about what Harry did to her.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my name being called "Aster your partner is Jo" Mr.Will said and I groaned. I know that girl hates me with burning passion and now I am paired with her. I know I live in their house but at least I don't have to interact with her and I need to find a job and a new place to live. I can't stay at Jo's or Bella's house forever.

With those thought running in my mind the bell rang signalling the end of school day. I quickly gathered my things and headed out of the class only to come face to face with Austin, he is a jock and an ass. He is been bothering me for a few days now. "Hey beautiful" he said but I ignored him and tried to get past him but he blocked my way. "Get out of my way" I said trying to stay calm.

"After you agree to go out with me" he said smirking. How I wish I could wipe that smirk off his face "I already have a girlfriend" I reminded him.

"You know,  you are too pretty to be a lesbian" he said and continued "I will show you that you are not one of those dykes. Come with me let me show you some good time" he said.

I tried to walk past him only to be blocked once again. I sighed and said "Austin let me go, I will complain about you. I am never gonna go out with you. Why doesn't it go in your thickhead?" I said to him anger clear in my voice just then Mr.Will came out of the class "Is there anything wrong, Aster?" he asked just when I was about to say Austin opens his big mouth "No sir, absolutely nothing. I was just asking for her math notebook but she has homework so I was just leaving" and with that he left.

I walked to my locker, threw all the books then headed to the parking lot where Bella was waiting for me, as soon as she saw me she gave me a big smile which I tried to return but failed as Austin spoiled my mood.

"Why that long face?" Bells asked. "Austin has been bugging me for a few days but it's nothing to worry about" I said already knowing she would still worry. From the parking lot we went to the gate where Jo was sitting in Syd's car with a kid. We sat in the backseat and the boy jumped back into Bella's open arms enthusiastically.

"Hey little guy" Bella greeted him breaking the hug. "Hi Auntie Belly" he said smiling goofily and I couldn't help but laugh when he called her Belly. "Its not funny" Bella said but I kept laughing "Because of you, Jo, she is laughing at me" Bella whined. "Where was Jo involved in this?" I questioned. "Jo used to call me that" Bella said.

The boy is Justin I am assuming since London's son was coming today. "He is Justin?" I verified "Yes, he is Justin, London's son" she said and turned to Justin who was smiling at me.

"Justin this is my girlfriend, Aster" she completed our introduction "Hello" Justin said smiling cheekily "Hi there, young one" I greeted him with a smile too. "Now if the introductions and greetings are done can we go home?" Jo's annoying voice rang through the car. "Yeah, Justin go sit in the front" Bella said and the boy obeyed.