Chapter - 13

Jo's POV

I went to the detention room and sat there doing my office work. After an hour I left the school and went to my office. Stacey already kept everything ready for me. At around 9:00 in the evening, I finished all my work and left for home, when I reached home I was surprised to see Syd, Bella and Ter sitting outside my door. I punched in the passcode and signalled them to go in. "Explain" I commanded as soon as we were all inside the house.

"We need you to be calm" Bella started but I interjected "Get to the point directly"

"Aster will be living with you" Bella blurted out. If I dint have excellent hearing skills I would not have caught what she said , wait! What did she just say? Aster will be staying here.

" Hell no" I yelled.

"Listen Jo, she doesn't have a place to stay at" Syd started but I shook my head indicating that my answer is still no.

"She has a house , she lives with her parents and her little sister and she doesn't need to be here" I said.

"You don't understand, do you?" Bella said a little loudly due to the frustration. I shook my head again.

"Listen to me Jo and don't interrupt me this time " Syd said, angry now "Jo,.Asters parent's found out that she is a lesbian and is dating Bella and they told her to break it off with Bells but she refused to do so, they locked her up in her room. They were forcing her to go on a date with this guy who is her father's friend's son and he tried to force himself on her but she managed to run away and now they are searching for her. And they visited our house with police and searched. So they can come again looking for her and she will be staying here as not many people know that you both are sisters. So...yeah, please let her stay here" Syd finished.

" Okay, I understand but she can't stay here. I will buy her a new house if she needs a place to stay but my house is off limits" I said in a very stern voice.

"No, first thing, she cant stay alone next, if her parents find out where she is then they will take her and she needs protection and we cant leave her with anyone we don't trust. So you get it right? I mean you can protect her and we trust you. I know you are thinking about all that but we know you wont hurt her, we trust you" Bella further insisted.

I nodded my head and agreed "Okay but.." I turned to Aster , her eyes were all puffy and red and her cheeks were swollen and they too were red, looked like she was slapped hard "You won't be staying here for free" I said and she was shocked, I could say that. Okay, I am a bitch, I am an insensitive person and I don't care about anybody other than my family.

"Stop being a bitch" Bella screamed at me.

"My house my rules, if you don't like them, I don't care because you have to oblige and if you don't then all of you can leave" I said nonchalantly.

"Okay I will pay you" Aster said in a low voice. I laughed at what she just said.

"No, I don't want money. Why would you think I want money? I have a job to give me that. I want you to pay by doing something else" I said in a serious tone. Bella's face turned angry, she looked as if she could chew me alive, Syd's face showed shock and Aster looked terrified then suddenly Bella stood up, came over to me and pulled me to her face by my collar and curtly said "Don't you dare think of touching her and how in the hell could you think of something like that" and then Syd added "I am shocked you could even think of something like that" "C'mon Aster lets leave" Bella said as they started to leave.

I began laughing loudly. Oh my God! That was hilarious! How could they even think about that? I continued to laugh while holding my stomach, I haven't had such a hearty laugh in a long time. They thought I would do that, they turned to me and were confused. "I ... din't...mean that" I said in between my laughs , they gave me questioning looks "You" I pointed to Aster "will cook breakfast everyday and clean the house....umm...aaaannnd you...uhmm...will have to wash my car whenever I say" I explained and continued " I am not going to use your body as payment for letting you stay here. That was hilarious"