29

Jo's POV

A few weeks have passed by and Aster has yet to tell her parents about our fake break up. Isabella is still putting up with all of the shit because she gets to see her girlfriend happy and I am getting fed up of lying.

Today, I have a date with Aster but I prefer calling her Anne as that is her name and Aster is her middle name. I reached her house by 8 pm in my casual jeans and a nice t shirt. I knocked on the door and after a few seconds it was opens by none other than Anne. She looked beautiful in her jeans and a crop top which showed her toned stomach.

"Mom! Dad! I am going out with Jo. I will be back late, don't wait for me" Anne said as she got out of the house.

I walked with her to the car where she sat as the shotgun and Bella drove away with her. I decided to walk back to my house which was a good one hour walk. Ever since I started fake dating Anne this has been happening a lot. Bella and Anne go on dates but I am the one who has to pick her up from her house and drop her off to the place where they have their date or drop her at Bella's house.

Sydney, Bella and rest of the family is still not talking to me and I don't know what to do. Scarlett has been a pain in the ass and Lora is also bothering me too much. I have to spend time with Anne's parents also as they still think we are dating. Anne's little sister Gabriel has taken a liking towards me and she is a good kid. I have come to know Anne a little more as we can't just pretend to enjoy each others company, we do talk sometimes.

She is going to move out of her parents house next week and is going to be staying with Bella. I don't like the idea but what can I do? Nothing.

As soon as I got home, I discarded my clothes leaving myself in just boxers and sports bra. I went to prepare dinner for myself. I ate my dinner while watching tv and sipping my red wine. After dinner, I got to doing my office work and then went to sleep.

--

I woke up to the sound of my alarm and got ready for my workout. After my four hour workout, I got ready for the day and prepared myself some breakfast. After this was done I took my car keys and wallet and then went to Brandon's house.

Anne told me that she could get Bella to listen to my side if the story. After all, I was being her fake boyfriend against my will. I killed the engine and stepped out of my vehicle and went to the door. After knocking twice the door was opened by Mary who let me in but didn't say anything.

I greeted Mary and she greeted me back with a light smile. It was already 11 so I think Bella would be up by now. As if on cue she came out of the kitchen with Anne and it looked like Anne was still convincing Bella to talk to me. Well now that I am already here, let's just talk.

The whole family excluding Justin was seated in the living room with me to hear my side of the story. Brandon was in a sour mood and looked nervous as he knew he would have to face the rage and fury of all the family members when they find out the truth.

"We don't have the whole day for your bullshit" Bella spat at me in a venom laced tone.

"I don't know what story Brandon has told you but the truth is that whatever he has told you people is a lie. Mom died because of me. I admit that I was the cause of her death but I did not stab my own mother. I loved her dearly and would never ever think of doing any such thing" I said

"How can I believe that you are saying the truth?" London questioned.

I sighed and said " I have found the contact numbers of the lawyers and the judge who handled the case. You can call them up and ask for all the details"

"Now that, that's out of the way, I want to tell you people something else. This man Brandon, who is your father is a very bad man. He is a liar and a conceited man. He is also directly or indirectly the cause of my mother's death. If this person wouldn't have thrown my mom and me out of his house my mom wouldn't have died" I said and this earned me a slap to the face.

Needless to say, nobody believed me. Everybody wanted a proof. And nobody could hear a thing against Brandon. I was thrown out of the house with a threat that if I ever stepped a foot in that house they would call the police and get me arrested for trespassing.

The following days flew by soon. Scarlett has been bugging me a lot. She has tried different things to get my attention but she wasn't getting any. I always brushed her off. I was tutoring Anne and we were becoming friends and Bella dint like it a bit.

I need to find a way to prove my innocence and also a way to get rid of Scarlett. There was one more thing that was bugging me. I was falling for Anne again and this time I was falling very hard and fast.