27

JO'S POV

People come and go. What is left of them is memories. These memories can be good, bad, sad or happy. We remember these memories through pictures, video, souvenirs and habits also sometimes.

I was left only with memories now. Mom left me, my sisters left me and Stacey doesn't know what to believe. Sometimes I feel like I am the most unluckiest person in this world. I have a very poor and pathetic excuse for a father, my mom is dead and that's all because of me, my sisters do not want to talk to me anymore and there is no love life at all because I don't even believe in that concept.

Today, I have to go to school and face her. I haven't seen her in almost 2 years. The drive to school didn't take too long and now I was parked in front of the school.

I walked in the hallways, ignoring everyone. I walked to my locker and put my stuff inside and closed the door. Upon turning I saw her. There she was standing in front of me, beautiful as ever. Her dark brown locks falling on her face and neck. She looked breathtaking even in a very simple jeans and tank top. Her beauty used to fascinate me a lot. Now her beauty has no effect on me.

"Hey, Jo" she said. Her voice which I used to think was the sweetest thing now just pierced my ears. She came closer "missed me?" she said suggestively. Being close to her used to make my heart beat faster and my breathing heavy. Now our closeness suffocates me.

I stepped back to create some distance between us. Sometime back I would have loved to be with her, be close to her and hold her close. After all she was my first love and sadly my first heartbreak too. Our relationship was a lie from the start and held no meaning to her.

"Which bet do you wanna win now, Black?" I asked her

The first time she ever spoke to me was for winning the bet and now what does she wants from me? Maybe wants to win another cheap bet.

"Not a bet. I wanna win you" she answered.

"You cant win me, Scarlet. You had a chance to have me but you wasted it and now you can never have me back" I responded.

"We will see that, babe" she said trying to get closer to me. I walked away from her and made my way to my class.

The day progressed in the same way, me avoiding Scarlet and trying to talk to Bella. I went to the mall for buying a gift for Stacey as her birthday was in a few days. I was walking down the row of clothing stores when I spotted Aster. If I want Bella to listen to me I may need Aster's help. I ran after her and grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face me.

"What the hell?" she said irritated and tried to get her wrist out of my grip. I let go of her wrist and said

"I need to talk to Bella and Syd but they won't talk to me so I need you to convince them to talk  to me"

"I won't do any such thing and I don't talk to murders" she said and tried to walk away and I caught her again. This time not letting go of her

"Its important. They need to know the truth" I said. She was struggling to get away but I wouldn't let go.

"Is there a problem miss?" I heard someone say behind me.

I turned around to find a couple in their mid forties staring at the wrist I was holding.

"No sir, absolutely not. Actually she is my girlfriend and we had a little argument. She is just upset with me but everything's alright" I said hurriedly so the couple would leave us alone.

"Aster, you have got yourself a boyfriend. Oh, thats so good to know" exclaimed the women in delight.

I was confused now. How did the women know her? Then it dawned to me the hair and the eyes. The women had the same hair color and the man had the same eyes as her. They are her parents! Damn it!!

I turned to look at Aster who had a worried face and when she met my eyes her face turned into a pissed expression.

"Won't you introduce us to your boyfriend?" asked the man, Aster's father.

"Umm.. dad this....uh..this is Jo" she said and turned to me "Jo this is my mom and dad"

"Nice to meet you, sir" I said while shaking his extended hand and turning to Aster's mother I said and gently placed a kiss on her hand "nice to meet you ma'am"

"Its Donald and Tara" Aster's mother said blushing. 

"Anne, when did you get such a fine boyfriend?" Tara asked turning to Aster

I was confused now. Anne? Wasn't she Aster? What the hell was going on?

"When do you plan on coming home?" Donald asked Aster.

"But you dint want me home" Aster managed to say

"That was because you chose to be with that faggot, Isabella. Now that you know it was all wrong and you are over that phase and have such a handsome boyfriend, you are welcome home" Tara said.

My blood boiled when I heard the name she called Isabella. Nobody talks shit about my sister. How dare she?

"Come back home, baby" Donald said.

I was about to place her parents in place when Aster motioned me to stay quiet and I did so.

Aster or Anne would be going home tomorrow and for today she was staying with me according to her parents. After her parents were gone Aster turned to me and said

"Girlfriend, huh?"