Chapter 22

Jo's POV

"Is that your twin?" I heard Aster say. I quickly turned back to glare her so she would shut up. I turned my attention back to the person on the bed who had a million dollar smile on their face.

He sat in the hospital clothes, his shiny black hair similar to mine fell on his forehead reminding that they needed to be cut. His pink lips stretched in a big smile that his cheeks would hurt later.

His grey eyes connected my grey ones delivering the message of his happiness. Like always he looked handsome. My elder brother, Ethan.

Ethan was 4 years elder to me, he is in this stupid metal asylum since he was 14. After we lost our mother, he totally broke down and lost his mind. He had some kind of mental condition since he was born. According to the doctors due to the high IQ he inherited from our mom his brain worked more than its capacity and now he is not stable.

Me and Ethan have more of mom's genes while Bella got dad's. We got our looks from dad and brain from mom, Bella got the other way round. She looks like mom's replica.

"Happy birthday, Ethan" I wished him and he very happily thanked me and got up to hug me.

Bella and Syd came up to him, gave him hugs and wished him. Bella brought Aster by her side and then turned to Ethan.

"Ethan this is my girlfriend, Aster and Aster, this handsome gentleman here is my elder brother, Ethan" she introduced both of them.

I already talked to the management and got permission to take Ethan out for the day. Every year on his birthday I come here and spend time with him, take him out. Its not like I don't visit him on any other day. I visit him as much as possible and spend my holidays with him many times. I come here to celebrate christmas with him and the other patients.

I gave him a shopping bag and asked him to open it. I got him some clothes which he can wear today. He looked very excited.

He got out of the bed and ran into the bathroom to change his clothes. Ethan and I look alike. We have the same height now as I grew a little tall. I made sure that he exercises here. I have taken care of the things he needs here. His security, food and entertainment is well taken care of. I make sure he doesn't feel bored and lonely here.

"Why didn't you tell me about him?" Aster questions Bella

"Didn't get a chance, babe" Bella said and turned to me. "Where are we going today?" she asked me.

"I am not telling it to anyone" I said.

Ethan came back quickly after changing. He went and sat on the bed again.

"We need to leave now" I said to him but he wouldn't get up so I went and sat near him.

"You don't want to go out?" I asked him.

"I am waiting for dad" he said

Dad never comes to visit him. He doesn't like us both. He can't accept the fact that his only son is mentally unstable.

"Dad is very busy, Ethan, you need to understand. He has a lot of work. It's not easy to run such a big company" I lied.

I feel bad for lying to him. I hate lying and the people who lie. But sometimes a lie is better than the truth that breaks someone's heart.

"But its my birthday!" he whines

"How old are you?" I say sarcastically which he doesn't understand.

"I am 14 years old, Jo, how can you forget it?" He says folding his hand

"How old were you last year?" I ask him