Chapter 21

Sydney's POV

I gasped along with Bella and Aster when dad threw a vase which flew and hit Jo's head and she passed out on the floor. I rushed to her, right side of her head was bleeding. I left Jo with Bella and Aster to get the first aid box.

I grabbed the first aid box from my bathroom cabinet and hurried to Jo. I checked her wound which was not too severe, I cleaned the wound and bandaged it. Dad sat on the couch looking uninterested, he had no worry. He started watching tv while we checked Jo for any other wounds.

"Whatever she said was true?" I asked dad, he just shrugged and continued watching tv. " I need you to move from the couch" Bella said but he dint budge so I tried telling him, this time he responded with "Throw her the fuck out of this house" and ignored us.

I went to mom and told her everything that had happened and she walked out with my help. After she scolded dad for his behaviour both of them went in their room. The three of us struggled to lay Jo on the couch. She is not very heavy but dead weight is difficult to carry.

Later, we all returned to our bedrooms for some rest. The morning sun shone on my eyes through the blinds, I sat up on my bed checking the time. After showering and getting dressed for the day I went down to prepare breakfast for everyone.

I checked on Jo before going to the kitchen , she had slight fever and was sleeping soundly. I made dad's coffee and gave it to him in his bedroom as I don't want him getting upset on Jo again. What he did was wrong, that poor child took it all this time without telling us anything. Mom, me and everyone else are angry with dad because of what he did.

I made chocolate chip pancakes, bacon and a vegan sandwich for Jo. I took my coffee and sat on the couch opposite to the one Jo was sleeping on. She looked so peaceful when she was sleeping but when she wakes up she is all bitchy, arrogant and cocky. Now I can understand why she is like this. After she lost her mom she changed.

Before her mother's death Jo was a very cheerful and happy going child. She was alway gleeful and made everyone around her happy. She had a few friends and loved her mom a lot. I heard from Bella that after losing her mother Jo changed a lot.

Jo and Emily were in India when she died. Apart from mom, dad and Jo nobody knows how she died. Jo stopped talking to everyone, she used to keep herself busy with studying. In the beginning she didn't get along with us and hated mom. But later as she got to know us she became friendlier towards us.

Now she doesn't have any friends. She keeps fucking girls left and right. I don't remember her getting into any relationship. She never spoke about that. Apart from her sisters, she cares for Stacey , Stacey was more like a mother to Jo, she was Emily's best friend. Other than us she doesn't talk to anybody.

I watched as Jo stirred a little but then settled down again. After a few minutes she stirred again and this time she woke up. She slowly sat on the couch holding her head. She blinked her eyes a few times before rubbing a hand on her face and eyes stopping at the bandage on her head.

She sat up straight and looked at me, I gave her a big smile and greeted her. She greeted me back when she saw her surroundings and then her eyes widened as if last night's memories came back rushing. She abruptly got up and started towards the door but I stopped her.

"Where are you going?" I asked

"Home" she answered not looking at me.