Chapter 28: My annoying best friends end up saving my life

Flame's P.O.V.
Zalgo was about to kill me when a flash of light stopped everything. I glance up only to see the 7 people I've come to love. "Need some help" Jack asked grinning. "Yeah" Kendra says. Lacy threw a dagger and Zalgo's hand,causing him to drop his scythe next to me. I grab it and stand up.

I smirk and turn towards Sebastian,gun in hand. He gives me a weak look "Please Flame" he trys. "You know what you did" I say. "I didn't want too" he says weakly. "So you accidentally called the cops on a 12 year old fugitive" I say. I don't give him a chance to reply and pull the trigger.

The gun extracts a bang and Sebastian falls. I glance at his body one last time and throw a dagger at the creeper creeping up behind Maria. "A little skeletons and death would be nice" I hear BEN yell to Joe,Johnny,and Matt. "Oi Flame, how bout some fire" Jack yells.

"Gladly" I say with the grin that means nothing but trouble. I smirk a bit as red energy courses through my body. "I'M INSANE I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES" I yell as the room erupts in flames. The monsters immediately explode on impact all over everyone. I glance down at my shoulder. Not that serious I think.

Jack's P.O.V.
I dive as Flame's fire rains over the room. I glance at her,she looks almost peaceful surrounded by fire despite the circumstances. After her fire rains everywhere the monsters explode all over everything. "Where'd Zalgo go" I ask. Flame points towards him and shushes me. She grabs rope and chains. I crawls on her hands and knees towards him.

She pounces on him and ties him up,strapping on the chains for good measure. "Reverse the spell" she growls in his face. "What spell" he says,acting stupid. "You know what spell" she says putting her katanas at his neck. "As a matter of fact" sh says and turns to us. "Who's got a body bag" she asks. "Me" Johnny says and raises his hand.

"I'm not even gonna ask" I remark. He laughs and tosses it to Flame. She catches it and throws Zalgo in it,leaving it open a little bit. "Why'd you leave it open" Lacy asks. "He has to breathe" Flame says disdainfully. "Who's gonna carry him" BEN and Fred ask in unison. "No one" Flame says. "We'll throw him in the duat". Maria grins and creates the portal. Flame tosses him in and sighs.

Jeff's P.O.V.
"So what now" I ask. "Let's get out of here" Joe says. Flame grins and scampers up the wall like a squirrel. She crawls through the hole when jumped in to get here and we follow her. It starts to rain and I shoot a glance at Fred. His mouth's set into a straight line and his eyes look a bit sad.

Flame barely notices the rain and keeps walking. Her shoulder and neck are still bleeding but I doubt that she cares. She climbs up the nearest treehouse and lets down the ladder. We climb up and are greeted with silenced. "Thanks guys" Kendra says. "No thanks from Flame" Johnny asks and a knife nearly stabs him. "We were fine on our own" she snaps. "Because near death is perfectly fine" Jack says sarcastically.

"Screw you" Flame says and jumps out of the treehouse. "Out of all things you could've said" Joe says and laughs. I watch Flame walk around in the rain. "She'll get sick" I say without thinking. "No she won't" Matt says.

"And even she does she won't admit it" he adds. "Why'd she snap" BEN asks. "The stubbornness and having to be right genes we share" Jack says. "And the Phoenix charm" he says with a grin. "Fred didn't get the charm" he adds. We laugh.

Time Skip brought to you by Batman twerking

I jump out the treehouse searching for Flame. Where is she? I think. Major Deja Vu right now. It's getting dark and I still can't find her. I shrug and head back to the treehouse. I'll look for her in the morning I think as I climb up the ladder Fred threw down.