Chapter 40: Battles and Deaths

Narrator's P.O.V
After eating, guitaring, and sleeping the friends (and Jeff and Kendra) meet in the living room for a meeting/gripe session/ conference. They took a vote and (of course) Fred had to use his veto power for them to let Zalgo out of the duat.

Maria sighed, snapped, and the portal opened. Zalgo squirmed and screamed after Flame ripped the tape off of his mouth. "Shut up" she says with an eye roll. "What are you gonna do to me?" he asks. "Kill you." Jack says simply. His eyes grew wide. "Not now anyway," Kendra explained. "After you reverse the spell..." BEN stated. After speaking with Zalgo for a while they decided to let him back into the duat.

Flame's P.O.V.
Back to walking... yay. Jeff and Kendra are fighting again. "Shut up," I say as I finally turn to face the two. "Lovebirds." I add with a smirk. They glance at me for a while before taking out their weapons. "You're screwed" Fred yells after me as I dash off. "Don't ya think I know that, Fred!" I yell as Jeff's knife comes hurling at my head. "HEEELLLLPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEE!" I yell as a sais nearly decapitates me.

"What kind of maid are you?" I mutter when a force/body/thing crashes on top of me and a sparrow lands in front of me. The sparrow turns into Kendra and starts smacking me. I can't help it... I laugh. She smacks me harder. Jeff begins smacking (repeatedly) the back of my head. "NEVER call us lovebirds!" they say in unison as they continue to abuse me.

"Alright." I say with a smirk and shove Jeff off of me. I then smack both of their heads and walk off like a boss. "You two got along for that!" Katy calls. "You little stupid ass." Kendra smirks and smacks Jeff before catching up with the rest off us.

~ Time Skip brought to you by Murder Flame Central~

Boblikins. Ogres. Monsters. Damn you Zalgo. Out the corner of my eye I see Kaname biting a boblikin. An ogre throws a spear in Jack's direction. He freezes it and stabs the ogre with it. It explodes on impact. I laugh as it coats Jack head to toe in yellow powder. "Flame, behind you." Katy yells out.

I smirk and thrust my katana downward. Then I get covered in powder. I laugh as an ogre's spiked club comes sailing towards Kendra. She dodges it causing the ogre to stumble. The ogre slams into a tree causing the club to fall onto Fred's head. It crushes him.

Fred's eyes lose the life and twinkle and blood coats his head. "Fred!" in a flash we're all over there. I glance at the body for a split second before walking off. "Don't follow me." I call over my shoulder. I need to think. Time to go back to the cave I think. I sigh.

Narrator's P.O.V.
Jack decided to follow Flame. "Screw that" he muttered. "I'm gonna follow her."

Flame's P.O.V.
Fred's dead, that one thought keeps running through my mind. Not Fred, why Fred. Who's next? I lean against the cave wall when I feel a pair of arms wrap around me. I freeze. Then I think. It's Jack. "I said don't follow me..." I say but don't bother moving from his arms. He's fucking freezing. "Why Fred?" I mumble. "I don't know why." he mutters. We simply glance at each other, sitting in silence, and thinking about our brother.