Chapter 61: The Real Story

Narrator's P.O.V.

"Morning Flame~" a rather annoying, cheery, and way to happy voice for early in the morning. "Go away" she groaned and disappeared back under her Batman blankets.

"But I have a question" Dark climbed under next to her. "What" she yawned. "Don't fall asleep" Dark scolded her. "I wish, I could sleep" she groaned. "Stupid insomnia."

"Question." he started.  "What's your past like?" She froze slightly, for a second. "Depends, you want the real version or the other version" she chuckled. "What do you mean 'the other version'" Jeff's face popped up from under the blankets.

"That's creepy" Dark broke in. "Sure is" Flame grinned. "Was that version you told me" he turned towards Flame. "Well... not exactly." she got up and headed towards the door. "Be right back" and with that she was gone.

"Young Master." Kendra gave her master a quick nod. "Getting wine and probably an intense amount of alcohol" she chuckled. "Dangerous amounts" she added.

"Have fun" the maid chuckled. "Kendra?" Flame gave a quick stop. "Yeah?" she glanced over. "Take a day off, hang out with Kaname or something" she grinned.

"That's an order" and she then continued on her way to the kitchen. "O.... kay?" Kendra chuckled. Flame grinned and came back up an intense amount of alcohol.

Meanwhile in Flame's room...
"Back off, you asshole" the duo were at each other's throats. "She kissed me, not you, and I'll damn well get her before you do" Jeff smirked.

"As if" Dark growled. "She's not gonna date you" he punched Jeff in the face, hard enough to make him bleed. "Like she'd settle for you"  Dark glared harder. "She doesn't date nobodies" he smirked.

And then Flame walked in.

"So what do you mean the other version" Jeff said as both boy's heads snapped towards the door. "One second" she took a swig. "You're bleeding on my sheets." "Get off my sheets and stop bleeding"

Dark smirked and pushed him off the bed. "Tell the story" Jeff urged. "I'm a select pathological liar" Flame explained, downing another 3 alcohol bottles.

"I occasionally believe my lies and I occasionally don't" she hiccuped, eyes glazing slightly over. She sighed. "When I told you my parents took a bullet to the head it's because I didn't really want to believe what actually happened to them" she took a shot.

"And I still don't" she was pretty hammered now. "So you lied to me" Jeff bit his bottom lip. "More or less" Flame winced slightly. "Then tell us the real story" Dark stroked her hair.

"My mom killed my dad in front of me, Jack, and Fred when I were 2.  Jack and Fred ran away after that. I didn't see them after that. She abused me for a while until one of our neighbors, tipped off the cops, and they arrested her."

"She had to go on trial and everything. She was wanted for a lot. Child abuse and neglect, Drug possesion, Fraud, Embezzlement... and then I tipped them off. Murder."

"That was enough to get her in jail for life, haven't seen her since. She's not dead yet I know that much"

Flame sighed. "You see why I said she was dead" she groaned. "She's still alive and I'm terrified she's gonna find me and kill me" she paced. She ran a hand through her hair.

"She's gonna find me" her throat tightened. "No she's not" Dark hugged her tightly. "I'm gonna go get you more alcohol" Jeff got up and left. "She's not gonna find you" Dark gently rocked her back.

"And you know why?" he questioned her a serious look in his eyes. "Why" she took another swig. "Because I'm gonna be here to protect you." He gently took the bottle out of her hands and set it on the table.

"And guess what Flame?" he looked into her eyes. A slight smirk played on her lips. "Yeah?" she looked up. He matched her smirk, and kissed her.