Chapter 64: The Search

Narrator's P.O.V.

"So where do you think she went?" Dark finally spoke and the silence was broken. "I'd check hell" Kendra was in a serious mood. "Slender, EJ, LJ and Toby go down there" Fred was in a bossy mood.

"You sound bossy" Jack remarked. "That I have to agree with" Dark gave a bitter chuckle. "Kendra, Matt, and Kaname go scour around town" Fred said.

"Did you just say scour?" Jack was laughing. "Yes." Fred nodded. "Yes I did." Fred grinned. "This is why I ship you two" Kendra appeared out of nowhere. "What are you doing here?- You're supposed to anywhere but here!" Kendra laughed and was gone.

"And we," Fred turned towards the remaining trio, which consisted of himself, Jack, and Dark. "Are headed to our old house." he grimaced. "Let's hit the road boys" Dark began walking, the duo followed him, hands held.

Meanwhile with Flame and Jeff...

"You're not gonna ask me to let you go?" Jeff sounded sad. "Nope." she sighed. He turned her to face him. He gently pressed a hand against her ribs. "Shit" she swore under her breath.

"Sorry." he quickly pulled his hand away. "Didn't mean to hurt you" he sighed. "I'm bad at this." he ran a hand through his hair. "I'm worse" she chuckled. "Trust me." her face was pale.

"Why're you so pale?" he asked. "I'm actually really scared." she leaned against his shoulder. "Just tell me everything." he blushed a slight red.

"She found me and I don't know how and now I'm gonna have worser nightmares and my insomnia's gonna get worse and now I'm paranoid" she started shaking. "Worser's not a word" he grinned. "And use commas not and."

"Grammar nazi, that's the only response to that." she chuckled and the shaking slowly stopped. ".... Thanks." Well, that didn't improve Flame's pride at all.

Back with Slender's trio...

"Do you see her?" LJ yelled across hell. "No!" Slender somehow managed to yell back. "Keep looking!" EJ half scolded.

Along with Fack... oh yeah, and Dark...

"So this was your old house?" Dark asked. "Yup." Jack gave a bitter chuckle. "Not good memories" Fred added. "Not good at all..." his voice trailed off.

"Let's do this the fun way." Jack's eyes gleamed and he kicked the door in. "If she's in here, how'd she not hear that" Dark asked. "She never heard anything considering she's always passed out" Jack sighed.

"The odds were in our favor sometimes and sometimes they weren't" Jack started before Fred was stern. "Let's head back to the mansion to see if they found her." and so they trudged on.