Chapter 31: Good Girls are Bad Girls

Jeff's P.O.V.
Me and Flame start walking back towards the treehouse. She walks in silence, hands in her pocket. "So, you've been through a lot," I say a bit awkwardly. She doesn't answer but keeps staring straight ahead. "I don't like talking about it." she says.

"Ok..." I say, my voice trailing off. We keep walking not a word said between either of us. Flame runs a hand through her hair. She does that a lot. "You do that a lot." I say. She glances at me and shoves me into a tree. "So what are we gonna do after we get out of this mess?" I ask. "Back to whatever we were doing I guess..." she shrugs.

Flame's P.O.V.
After I answer Jeff's question I start thinking. What if it's not Zalgo? What if we're wrong? Those are what if's I remind myself sternly. But then again... Stop it. Jeff snaps me out of my thoughts by snapping his fingers in my face.

"I will shoot you," I say. "Kendra wouldn't mind..." I smirk. "You wouldn't" he says, smirking a bit. "Try me," I say slyly and roll my eyes at him. "These are the times..." he says. I roll my eyes and climb up the tree. "You're annoying you know that!" I yell down to him. "I try!" he yells back up. I ignore him and climb into the treehouse. "Why can't you guys be more like Lily?" Fred says. "Lily's a good girl." he adds. "GOOD GIRLS ARE BAD GIRLS THAT HAVEN'T BEEN CAUGHT" I yell/sing making my presence known.

"I'm here," I say. "You're welcome." My reply is eye rolls and laughter. "Besides Lily could smoke and we wouldn't know about it." I say, rolling my eyes. "She's a good girl" Fred defends. "And," I say. "Good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught." I repeat and collapse on a beanbag. Jack collapses in the one next to me and I flick him. "Ow!" he whines. I flick him again. "Stop it!" he whines.

"Wii?" I ask and sit up. BEN grabs a controller and he's soon battling Johnny in Mario Kart. Kendra plays own her Nintendo. Everybody else is on their phone. I'm upside down in my beanbag and Jeff's next to me. "Hey." he says. I give him an extremely long look right in his eye and put headphones in. "Flame?" Jack whines.

I roll my eyes and walk over to Kendra. Kendra ruffles my hair. "I told you so" she sings. I shove her into the wall. "Deal with it" I sing. "Who's side are you on?" "My side." "That doesn't count..." he whines. "I am offended Jacky-poo" I say dramatically putting a hand over my heart.