Chapter 48: We're all mad here

Narrator's P.O.V.
Flame and Jeff began creeping inside of the back garden. What they didn't know however, was that the Chesire Cat was following them. The duo quickly and quietly crept into the garden only to see a table?

The table was set up for several as if waiting for a party. There was a man in a rather tall top hat pouring tea. "Hello?" Jeff questioned. "Yes Hello!" an enthusiastic voice cheered. Flame punching Jeff. Hard.

"Ow" he whined and the duo stepped out from behind the bush. "What you like some tea" the man grinned. "My name is The Mad Hatter" the Claude Faustus look alike grinned widely.

"Hello Chesire Darling" The Hatter called and the said cat came tumbling out of the tree. "You were following us" Jeff began to take out his knife. Flame snapped and the knife was in her hand.

"Calm down" she muttered. He sighed. "Fine" he muttered. "Tea?" The Hatter asked breaking the tense silence between the two killers. "Sure?" Jeff questioned. He and Flame took seats at the table. "So you're here to defeat the Red Queen" The Hatter turned to Flame.

"Yeah, I guess" she muttered. "You feel like you've gone mad, don't you" The Hatter asked. Flame's head shot up like a bullet. "You shouldn't" he added. "And besides, we're all mad here" the Cat stretched across the table, grinning wider at the killers.

"This cat puts your smile to shame" Flame smirked at Jeff. "Does not" the boy retorted. "Does too."

"Does not"

"Does too"

"Does not"

"Does too"

"Does not"

"Does not"

"Does too"

"I win" Flame grinned. "Cheater." "It's called using strategy" Flame smirked. Jeff attempted to roll his lidless eyes. Meanwhile, the Chesire Cat and The Mad Hatter were smirking at the two.

"So you want to know how to get out of here" The Chesire Cat said, prompting both killers to shut up. "Yeah" Flame said expressionlessly with a poker face. "It's simple..." The Hatter started. "You have to go on a quest and find these items" The Chesire Cat giggled.

"But we're on a quest" Jeff whined. "Or we could just turn around and back out the gates" Flame chuckled to herself and began creeping back up the lawn to the tree. "W-wait" The Hatter called out to the killers. "Yeah" the girl called over her shoulder still moving.

"We don't want to be under the Red Queen's rule" The Chesire Cat reasoned/pleaded. "We need a hero" The Hatter. Flame turned around and stopped. "Yeah, well I'm not the hero. I'm the villain." the girl kept walking, Jeff following her like a dog.

"You're the villain huh" Jeff questioned. The girl smacked the back of his head and kept walking, a smirk on her face. "Hey" he yelled, chasing after the girl. She laughed.