Chapter 57: Coming Home Pt. 2

Narrator's P.O.V.

Recap: Fred gave them a two-fingered salute and slowly opened the door.

"Oi. Jeff!" Kendra actually used Jeff's name. "What?" Jeff spat, slowly and reluctantly and against his better judgment towards Kendra. "Come here" Kendra's tone was playful.

Flame knew that tone, that voice, she knew what it meant. The rare moments when Kendra's demonic side showed more than usual. Jeff warily walked over. "You see anything weird out of this window" she said stepping to the side, allowing the lidless and pale boy to see.

He peered out the window and saw nothing. He sprawled forward and fell... out the window. "Jeff fell out the window." Kendra turned around innocently. "We'll deal with him later" Flame laughed.

A crash was heard from inside Sally's room. "Don't chicken out, Fred" Jack grinned. "Shut up Jack!" Flame sighed and shoved her older brother in.

And then everything was still. Absolutely still. "Fred?" both twins crept towards the door. "Are you dead?" Jack kicked his sister. "What was that for" she grinned. "You know what that was for." he retorted.

"True" she grinned. "Just open the door!" Matt shouted. It suddenly grew quiet from inside of Sally's room. "Matt. You idiot!" Flame whisper-hissed. "Shut up!" he groaned. "It wasn't my fault." "Because you totally didn't shout" she muttered.

"Both of you shut up before we die!" Aslan glared at the quarreling duo. "We're gonna die anyway so it really doesn't matter" Johnny reasoned. "True, but we should shut up so we live longer" Kendra shut everyone up.

And so... they were quiet. Well, they were until Jeff came up the steps. "There was-" he started before a bazooka shot rang out. The door broke and a bullet flew out. There standing in the doorway was... Bane. Oh yeah, and Fred.

"You couldn't beat Bane." Flame turned towards her older brother. "Out of all people, Bane" she laughed. "Besides that, why didn't you guys come help me?" he faced the idiots. "You sounded like you could handle it" Jack, Joe, and Johnny said in unison.

"I was going to kill him to achieve world peace" Bane spoke. "But then you'd be a killer and how would that achieve world peace?" Flame questioned. "You can't argue with her logic" Kendra grinned. "Trust me, I've tried."

"She's like a shorter version of Levi" Matt ruffled her hair. "Quit it" she attempted to put Matt's hand on his head. "BEN, you come help" and so the two midgets attempted to reach Matt's head.