Chapter 72: Distractions

Narrator's P.O.V.

"I need to see Jack and Fred make out before I redie." Flame adressed Dark. "You're not gonna redie." he said sternly. "How do you know," she asked. "Anything can happen, Darkness. Some things are good, some things are bad, and all things never made much sense to me." she shrugged. "You're like a life philosopher or something." Flame was one of his honest interests. He didn't know why; she didn't either.

Flame was stressed, more anxious and jumpy, and had been having mild panic attacks more often. Yeah... not fun. "Why are you so paranoid?" Dark had noticed, he finally wanted to say something. "Because I don't know what's gonna happen next," she muttered. "Something's gonna go wrong, I don't know what it is, and it most definently happen again." she released a sad sigh. "I guess that's what scares me," she vented. "I don't even want advice, I don't know what I want." she was depressed and anxious; not a good mix.

"You need something to do," Dark advised. "You need to be kept busy to take your mind off everything." well, there goes that 'I don't even want advice' thing from earlier. He handed her a rubix cube, not even started yet. "Why'd you buy this?" she asked, Flame was reasonable even when she didn't seem like it.

"W-Well, you're s-s-smart and I-I wanted to buy y-you s-something." his face was bright red and he was sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, thanks, you're sweet..." she mumbled, her face was red not a fan on saying 'thanks, or thank you, or thanking people in general. "Was that a thank you, I heard Flamey" he teased her softly. "S-shut up." she punched him. All he did was kiss her.

He pulled away and her hands went back to the rubix cube in her hands, eyes focused on the brain teaser.

Meanwhile with Jack and Fred and mostly Fack...

"Do you think she's really dead?" Jack had his head on Fred's chest and was playing with his brother's fingers. "I don't know..." Fred was nervous. "What if she's not?" Jack needed assurance from his older brother/crush.

"Don't think like that, Jacky" he spoke. She's got to be dead, he thought. Right?

Back with Flame and Dark...

"Hey, um, Dark?" she mumbled. "Yeah?" he smirked at her with mischief in the red eyes that matched hers. "Can I wear your hat?" I swear if you say no, I'm grabbing the stupid thing and running. "Sure," propping up on his elbows he handed her the beloved black elf hat. He watched her pull it on and grinned.

"You look cute." the hat covered her eyes and she couldn't see anything. "I'm not cute, I'm punk rock!" she exclaimed. "Nope, you're pretty cute with that hat on." he kissed her nose. The door swung open to reveal a pretty pissed off Jeff.

"Were you lurking outside the door the entire time?" Flame asked, still blind with the hat covering her eyes. "Yeah," his fists were clenched. "And why are you wearing that bastard's hat?" "Because she's my girlfriend." Dark pulled the pale girl into his chest.

"Well godammit all." slamming the door shut after him, Jeff was gone. "Well that went well..." yay, sarcastic Flame. "If would've been worse if you weren't here... he doesn't wanna hurt you." Dark ran a hand through her hair. "Why not?" she asked. "I've been hurt enough it's not like you guys can do any worse." her reply was kiss and slight tongue.

The dreadful feeling was back now and she was glad to take Dark's slight make out session as a distraction. "Hurting you is the last thing I'd ever do." he grinned. "Then what's the first thing?" she asked. "Protecting and loving you."