Leap

Songs for this chapter are;

Billie Eilish - No time to die

Tom Odell - Can't pretend

Melanie Martinez- Soap

Olivia Rodrigo - Hope your okay

Ivy POV

My head is throbbing and I feel as though I'll sleep on the couch all day. I already had breakfast and I'm full so my lazy ass doesn't want to get up and go to bed so this couch will be my home for now. I groan and I bury my face into the couch cushion. Why is it so soft? My eyelids are becoming heavy and I sigh as sleep finally comes to me.

As soon as I'm about to fall asleep a pounding on my door interrupts me, just fucking great. I groan as I hop up from the couch. I'm so freaking sleepy and someone chooses now to bang on my god damn door. I sigh as I wrap my hand around the door knob, I know I'm pissed but I need to calm myself down. I take a deep breath before pulling open the door.

Meh its just my dad. I stare at my father's face, he's beaten up and bruised. What the hell happened? His face is almost bashed in and his eyes are already swollen.

"Hi daddy"

He takes a deep sigh and I know I'm in for it, "I did something"

I step back and he enters my apartment. I know he has a gambling issue but he owes someone so much to get his face bashed in? I lock the door behind him and he takes a seat on the couch.

I walk towards him staring at how nervous he is. His body is trembling and I lean against the couch as he rests his head in his hands. Why do I have the gut feeling that this has something to do with me?

"What did you do?", I ask.

"I owe the Liu's. They were gonna kill me, I gave them all I had"

Oh my god

I glance up at the ceiling, the nervous feeling sends shock waves throughout my body and I know I can't handle his shit anymore. He doesn't have anything how the hell am I gonna pay the Liu's back? I have at least 10k in my bank account knowing dad he probably owes them millions.

"Dad what did you do?"

I try my best to ignore the lump in my throat and the pit in my stomach. What could he have possibly given them?

"Your all I have Izzy"

I roll my eyes trying to push back the tears forming in my eyes. At least I'm not tired anymore.

Slowly the realization hits me like a knife, slowly being pushed into my skin.

"Tell me you didn't. I pray to God tell me you didn't", I don't want to know the answer please tell me what I'm thinking isn't the answer.

"Next month your gonna marry their son"

The wind gets knocked out of me and I feel as though I can't breathe. The room feels dizzy and I rest my hands down on the couch hoping it'll hold me up. I take a deep breath he couldn't have tell me he didn't.

I was a bitch to Enzo this morning and now I'm going to be his wife! No this can't be.

"How much do you owe them?"

My eyes are glued to the couch back and I feel the tears burn my cheek. I can't do this, there a dangerous family and they'll kill me. Why else would they spare dad's life?

"I'll pay them back", he assures me.

"Tell me!"

"80k", he says so nonchalant.