All night

Songs for this chapter are:

One direction- 18 (slowed+reverb)

Pink- Try (slowed+reverb)

James Arthur- Train wreck

James Arthur- Say you won't let go

Harry Styles- Adore you

I've spent all night with her, watching, protecting and making sure she's okay. After everything I couldn't sleep. So I just stared at her. Watching as her eyes pinched together and her grip on my hoodie tighten. After just brushing my hand against hers she fights off her demons and relaxes. This happened four times during the course of the night and after stroking her hair and kissing her forehead I went to sleep sometime around 5.

I have work in the morning but I'll take the day off for her. I need to find out what she dreamt about to make her defend herself behind a book.

She shouldn't be squeezing onto me while she sleeps. I'm sure Archer hurting her is probably why she flinches at my touch and why her plump lips tremble as she sleeps. Just watching her added more to the guilt that was already beginning to weigh on my shoulders.

The past few weeks shouldn't be as she remembered, it should be of us being happy with each other and my infidelity should never have happened.

I sigh and nuzzle my head against her forehead, feeling the pool of sweat already on her. Her arm snakes around my waist and she releases a sigh also. I hear ruffling coming from outside and the chirps of the birds outside our window and soon enough the warm sun filling the room resting against my thighs and her legs.

I'm half awake since I woke up a few minutes ago but I decide to lay here with her in my arms since I've craved this for a month now. Ivy's arm is pulled away from my body and I feel her head move seconds after and the weight shift besides me on the mattress.

My eyes pop open and I watch the back of her bra drenched in sweat and I listen to her shaky raspy breath. Her hands hold her up on the side of the bed then she runs her hands through her hair allowing a soft sigh to fall from her lips.

 Her hands hold her up on the side of the bed then she runs her hands through her hair allowing a soft sigh to fall from her lips

"Are you okay?", I ask and her eyes face mine.

"I didn't know you were awake"

"Couldn't sleep", I rub my eyes before turning on my side.

"Because of me?"

"........It's fine"

She hops out of bed and pads to the drawer pulling it open and picking out something to wear.

"I'm sorry about last night. I don't know why that happened"

I sit up tugging on the roots of my messy hair.

"What did you dream about?"

She ignores me and continues to go through the draw and I climb out of bed walking towards her. It seems she recalls on what she dreamt about that tortured her throughout the night because when I stand behind her, her eyes focus on the draw of clothes and her hand trembling while clutching a white shirt.