A signal of Trust

Songs for this chapter are:

Nova Amor- Ontario

Bon Iver- Roslyn

One direction- Spaces

Ariana Grande- Someone like you

One direction- You and I

Blue Foundation- Eyes on fire

Lykke Li- I know places

Lissom- Doppelganger

"It's a very long story", I shrug not wanting to go into detail.

"Okay then we won't pry"

"How long have you been married?"

"Three years", the woman forces a smile and sips from her glass.

"Are you in the Mafia too?"

"No I'm not allowed too I'm just a wife"

"Your new to all of this sweetheart but trust me it'll be difficult in the next few years"

"I don't believe that"

Enzo and I's relationship is stronger and much caring than these two. I don't know these women or if they even love there husbands but Enzo and I care about each other. The past few days have been a little hard on us both but we're finally here and happy together, just because his family and the Mafia marriages are shit does not mean ours will be.

"Trust us", Cube's sister says while taking a seat and I wonder if she is even married. I don't spot a ring on her scrawny fingers.

"Have you decided whether you want to be in the Mafia?"

"I'm not sure but I'd want a life for myself if I do"

The woman sitting on the left besides me laughs and I glance at her with frowned brows. What's so funny to her? It's my decision whether to be apart of Enzo's Mafia or not. I don't intend to act as a wife alone.

"Then you are definitely not ready for a life dedicated to the Mafia"

Sloan interrupts us and I turn to her as she scoffs hopping down from her stool and marching to the door.

''And how do you know that?"

"Because I do and I've seen a lot of people like you who lost their lives immediately after pledging to the Skulls"

"I'm a good shot"

She laughs and faces me before leaving.

"Being a good shot isn't the only thing your required to have. When you join our family you have to be able to kill for us, you should be able to look an enemy in the eye while you take their life by pulling the trigger. Just because your with Enzo doesn't mean you get to hide behind him all the time"

"I don't need Enzo to be my own person", in fact I've been perfectly fine without him, I just rather be with him as of right now.

She laughs again and I wonder what's this girl's problem. She doesn't even know me yet here she is acting all bitchy.

"Then you're as naive and dumb as I thought"

Bitch

"So as soon a woman is married she just signs away her rights?"

Maybe Mafia marriages are a prison sentence instead of a communion.

"That's what marriages are aren't they?"