Through the blinds

Songs for this chapter are:

Doja Cat- Cyber Sex (slowed+reverb)

Doja cat- Need to know

Confetti- Ghost

Billie Eilish- Therefore I am (slowed+reverb)

Gnarls Barkley- Crazy

*Have you settled in yet?*

*Yes, I've made it to my hotel and I already have a meeting scheduled for this afternoon*

*Alright*

*What time is it over there again?*

*It's past eight*

*Is Ivy up yet?*

*I don't know she's still up in your room*

*Good I'll call you back*

Titus hangs up and I place the arm press on the floor. I got in late last night and already everything's scheduled for me. I could barely sleep so I decided to hit the gym to clear my head. It's merely after ten here and I like the lively city New York.

Everything hear is vibrant and bright and I should consider buying an apartment here. Most of my business trips occur in New York and I'm tried of wasting money on suites. I grab the phone and dial Ivy's number. We stayed up all night talking on the phone and I probably wore her out.

It's a FaceTime call and I get annoyed each time the phone dials with no answer. She loves to sleep in late but I don't want to annoy her, just to check in on her before I start my day. I have meetings, troops to check in on and a dinner I was rather surprised I was invited to with my uncles. The bald men want me to join them and their gold digging wives over dinner and I'll be busy all day that Ivy and I might not get the chance to talk. As if she's my beacon of hope I need to see her before the shit storm of a day starts.

Finally she answers and I smile at her puffy face. Her hair is in a bun and her eyes try to adjust to the bright sunlight she just seemed to wake up to. She turns on her side to let out a yawn and I stand to my feet, I pad to the cupboards for a towel since I'm done with my workout for the day.

*I forgot how much you like to sleep in*

*No it's fine I've been up for hours*, she lies and I chuckle.

*What are you doing for the day?*

*Wedding dress shopping*, her tone is sarcastic but she smiles.

*I thought you already got one*

*Nope, I bought what I'm wearing when we're gonna leave for the honeymoon but that's it*

*Well I'm sure whatever you buy you're gonna look gorgeous in it*

*I don't want to look gorgeous I wanna look sexy and charming and something like a pornstar*

I laugh and she smiles. Once again the warm feeling in my heart grows and I'm getting annoyed at these 'feelings'. Every time we speak she makes me laugh and smile and I've rarely done that in awhile. As much as I like her she's changing me and I can tell I'm doing the same to her.

*It's your wedding I won't even be mad if you don't even wanna wear a dress*

*Yea I could walk down the aisle in lingerie*, she grins.

I stare into the small screen and it seems as though she's actually inviting the thought.

*No Ivy*, I tell her and she glances back at me.