Why must I be here?

All I feel are bricks in my stomach as I walk down the long hall. I can't help but glance around the gorgeous upstairs. I will admit this house is gorgeous but I still hate my marriage. If I was into girls I'd probably ask her out, she is really hot. She stops in front of a white door and opens it. Jay and I walk in behind her and my eyes widen at how gorgeous the room is. It's a little on the small side but I've been in smaller rooms when I was hungover. I place my bag on the bed and cross my arms.

"If you don't like it there's plenty of other rooms in our house"

"No I like this", I give her a small smile.

"I'll leave you two then"

She leaves the room and I glance at Jay. The usual 'i'm worried' look is plastered across his face and I stare out the small window.

"I'll be fine"

"I know you'll be fine but I'm worried about me"

I chuckle and sit on the edge of the bed, he soon joins me and I sigh before resting my hands on my thighs. I have a nervous gut feeling and he collapses face up on my bed causing me to giggle.

"Aren't you nervous or scared or anything?"

"Why would I be? I'll be fine"

"Yea but what about me?", he whines and rests his hands on his stomach.

I giggle and push a lock of hair behind my ear,"You know I can take care of myself"

"Yea but"

"But what? You've been taking care of me all my life now its someone else's turn"

"It's too early for me to cry", he covers his face with his hands.

"C'mon I'll be fine. You saw how many bodyguards they have"

He sits up and I feel the tears coming again. I'm not gonna cry because I'm tired of doing it and my makeup looks gorgeous today. I hug my best friend and blink the tears away. I'll miss him coming over and watching Netflix with me, I'll miss all the times we had lunch together on our breaks but just because I'm getting married doesn't mean all of that has to change.

"I love you okay", somehow my voice becomes hoarse again.

"I love you too text me anytime okay?"

"Okay", I let him go.

He stands to his feet and I follow him out the door. I'm scared for what the future holds but I know somehow I'll get through this. I don't know how or when but dad will pay these people and get me back. I won't be stuck here forever...I'll make it.

Dad and Enzo's father whom I learned name is Atlas returns from their chat and I hug Jay once more before he leaves. Dad still has an apologetic look on his face and I already forgave him. I can't be mad at him forever he's my father, the man raised me all my life there's no way I'm gonna forget that.