Let it rain let it pour

Songs for this chapter are;

Benson Boone- In the stars

Billie Eilish- I don't wanna be you anymore (slowed+reverb)

Avery Lynch- When it ends

Paloma Faith- Only love can hurt like this

Harry styles- Falling

Sleeping at last- Hearing

Now I can hear the fast thump of my heart in my ears, my eyes dart between the doctor and the nurse at the desk who assured me Ivy was fine in surgery and that she hadn't heard anything else from the doctor's but now everything had completely changed. The girl I'm trying to change for to make happy is no longer with me in this fucked up world and I can't force myself to believe that.....that Ivy is actually gone.

I'm not sure what happened but I find myself facing the doctor's terrified face. My hands tighten around his shirt collar and his heavy body made a dent in the ply wood wall. I hear Eva and Stephanie behind me telling me to stop but I don't. I shouldn't be told my wife didn't make it. No no this all has to be a fucking joke right?

She's supposed to be in one of those hospital beds in an ugly ass hospital gown with her ass out and a tired some smile on her lips instead he's telling me she didn't make it, that she died the second I stepped in here.

I don't want to believe him I shouldn't, Ivy is alive and she's fine and she's somewhere around here like I told Connor.

"How did she die? She was perfectly fine when I brought her in here!", I scream at the doctor.

"I'm... I'm sorry sir we did all that we could"

"Did you? Because if you did she's supposed to be okay"

"Sir I'm..."

My fist collides with his cheek and I let him go finally being pulled back by Titus. I stare at him, he's the last person who saw her and she's dead. She's fucking dead and I don't know what to do.

Eva pushes me back and half of the hospital is staring at me. I'm out of breath when I watch Stephanie help the doctor and my eyes dart around the room. People that I don't give a shit about are staring at me wide eyed and I have no idea why. Can't they mind their own fucking business?

"The fuck are you looking at?", I snap and they walk away.

"Enzo you need to calm down", my sister says and I run my hands through my hair, tugging at the roots wanting to pull them out.

"She's dead", I frantically ask the doctor and the rest of them look at him.

The man fixes his shirt and glances at the small board still in his hand.

"Yes. She passed at 3:56. I'm sorry Mr. Washington"

It's funny now that I think about it. When I first met her I wanted to kill her yet somehow she managed to find me the real me and force him out. Slowly yet surely she fell in love with him and here I was imagining a future for us. I want to laugh at myself but I know I'd be called crazy. After everything I've been through I have to face a life without her, I'm forced to live the nightmares I'd usually escape.

She died a few minutes into surgery is what the doctor said and I find myself slowly falling to pieces that only she could put back together but it's amazing how words can do that, just shred your insides apart.

_______________

"He what?"

"They said Atlas has been leaking information to the Chadwicks"