Pleasing a Storm

Songs for this chapter are;

Dean Lewis - Waves (slowed+reverb)

Phantogram - Black out days

J Cole - She knows

Sleeping at last - Chasing cars

Once again boredom slaps me and I'm left unsupervised in his office. Enzo promised this was his last meeting before he left and yet again I have nothing to do. My eyes stayed glued to the dark ceiling since my mind had become blank again. The games on my phone bored me, there's nothing interesting in this office to do and I can't even sleep.

When I'm tired and my eyelids are heavy I usually sleep like a baby but my eyes are wide and so many thoughts are being processed in my head. If I could I would shut my brain off but atlas I can't. My eyelids finally shut and a long sigh falls from my lips. I'm not tired but I allow myself to think.

My life has changed drastically since the start of October. As usual I thought I'd spend most of my days working and lying on my couch but it was all in my head. Instead my father did the usual thing he always does and pushes me under the bus and finally everything in my life starts to make sense. I fell for a guy who makes my heart thump against my chest and who makes me smile uncontrollably.

I'm a huge friends fan and I never really thought about love the way TV shows would talk about them until my ex. I wished I could see myself a few years ago, I wish I could tell her she's setting herself up for heartbreak. I hope I could stand across the table and rip her smile away as she grinned with him but honestly I don't regret it. I don't regret being hurt in the most painful way and getting stabbed in my back by the two people I once cared for because if it didn't happen I wouldn't have met him and I wouldn't be here.

I wouldn't be angry, happy, excited or annoyed. I wouldn't have met someone who pissed me off yet made me want to kiss him every time he opened his stupid mouth. And if I could see Evan's disfigured face again I'd thank him for making me the person I am and I'd want him to know for the billionth time that he lost the best thing he's ever had and to tell him I found a real man.

I'm not the most easiest person to get along with but when you find someone who's almost quite the same as you it's impossible to let them go so easily. My eyes pop open and I feel relaxed, my body is at ease and my eyes finally feel heavy. It takes a few long blinks for me to finally close them but then the door is swung open.

"Where's Enzo?"

I gaze at the door and clench my jaw when Titus is standing there. Couldn't he tell I was on the verge of sleeping?

"At a meeting, now what do you want?"

"I wanna talk to him but whatever"

"Wait"

My feet rest against the hardwood floor and I'm grateful I took off those agonizing stilettos. I quickly stand to my feet and follow him out the door. I'm not sleepy anymore but I can walk. I rub the tiredness away from my eyes then lock Enzo's office doors. Lord knows I'm tired.

A slight crease in his eyebrows and a hard line pressed into his lips makes me smile. We start walking down the narrow corridor and I stare straight ahead at the few guards at the door.

"How's your day so far?"

"Interesting to say the least. I thought you Mafia men experienced more blood on a daily basis"

"We don't kill everyday Ivy"

"Why not?"

I get an eye roll out of him and we lean against the balcony staring down at the few people working out today. I feel calm with Titus, he seems like a safe sweet person and I wonder why we aren't close.