Chapter 112 Bath

Hongse was right, this path led to a narrow channel, which opened out onto a wide river. Boats were moored on the sides and warehouses sprung up on either sides of its banks.

"These are cargo ships." Chihong explained.

"When they bring in goods which can't be collected immediately by the owner, the ship owners store the cargo in these buildings until the owner can get here or delivery can be arranged. Meanwhile, the ship is free to carry on and move onto the next mission." Hongse added.

"So all we have to do is find a nearly empty warehouse?" Wei Ying surmised. "What a great idea."

"Preferably one that is at least half full, because then, Dunshi can be hidden in the back and even if someone needs to use it, they probably won't bother with the back part." Hongbaoshi said.

"Alright, sounds like a plan."

They walked along the river bank for a while, checking out several warehouse. Some were bigger than others, some emptier, and they avoided those ones for obvious reasons.

And then, just as the sky began to change colour, they found what the Flowers of Venus had been looking for. This building looked like one of the biggest ones, yet it was only half full, and the back seemed to be empty.

The doors were tall enough that if Dunshi bent down, he could easily fit inside. And once inside, he was able to walk to the back with only a slight crouch.

"Me like." He said to Xiao Zei, smiling as he sat down.

"Yeah, me too, big guy. Me too." He watched as Dunshi pulled out his little box with the leaves and put one in his mouth. He chewed softly and then curled into himself, falling asleep.

Xiao Zei covered him in the blanket he had stored in his own qiankun pouch before settling in to sleep right beside him.

"Aren't you scared he's going to roll over and, you know...crush you?" Wei Ying asked, genuinely curious.

"No. He sleeps better if he knows I'm this close. And maybe something tells him that I am, because so far, he stays like that." Xiao Zei shrugged, smiled, and closed his eyes.

The Flowers of Venus began getting ready for bed too, laying down blankets to sleep on, so Wei Ying looked expectantly at Lan Zhan, who smiled warmly at him and took his hand.

Hongse settled Master Dashi down before sitting in a lotus position right next to him.

"Aren't we getting ready for bed, my love?" Wei Ying whispered, a little confused as to why Lan Zhan wasn't doing anything.

Lan Zhan brought his hand up to his lips and softly kissed the back of Wei Ying's hand.

"We're not staying here."

"We're not?"

"No. Too many people here will draw attention. Hongse will create an illusion wall that should prevent curious eyes, but we are leaving." Lan Zhan turned to Hongse. "See you later."

She smiled and waved.

Outside the warehouse, Lan Zhan drew forth Bichen and climbed on, holding Wei Ying tight.

"But the children?"

"He knows to bring them. Don't worry." Lan Zhan pressed a kiss to Wei Ying's nape, making him shiver.

"When did you all decide this?" Wei Ying wondered, feeling happily excited now.

"When Wei Ying mentioned hotels...and bathing. Need Wei Ying." Lan Zhan flew faster.

They stopped at a nice hotel that was just opening its doors for the day. Lan Zhan paid for two rooms, and as they were shown to the two adjacent doors, Hui Gai teleported there with Oge and the three children.