Life Will Change

[August 7 2020, Friday]
[9:00 AM]

(The sun shines at Yongen-Jaya. The neighborhood comes alive, with all the shops open. The daily life in all of Yongen-Jaya resumes...... all but one. Cafe LeBlanc happens to be closed. An unusual occurrence. Inside, sees all the Phantom Thieves present in the room, save for Maruki.)

[Cafe LeBlanc]

(Everyone inside is again, met with a sense of shock, worry and uneasiness. The room has become tensed. They all have heard about Ren's recounting of what happened last night, with Aoyama.)

Makoto: So..... we only have tonight.

Yusuke: In Tokyo Skytree....

Haru: And to think..... he withholds the power of that god we fought with.

Maruki: No wonder why he was strong.

Akechi: Yeah. And the fact he was supposed to carry out his actions.

Morgana: Carrying his will or not, there's one thing we learned today. Aoyama remains firm in wanting to wipe the planet out.

Ren: Yeah..... the world is on our hands once again. I never thought I'd see the day when it happens again.

Makoto: One thing for sure. We finally got an endgame.

Ann: Yep! After months of him toying with us, we finally get to serve him!

Haru: I still wonder..... he's awfully too open about it you know?

Morgana: What do you mean?

Haru: I always get skeptical about it. And given how he always pulls a trick up from his sleeve, I expect it'll be no different.

Akechi: I understand. But after witnessing Ren's talk with him? I can say that he truly wants to end this now. And we do what we do best. With Ren being strengthened by the power of his own Shadow, we might get a fighting chance.

Ren: Doesn't mean we take it for granted, Akechi. It's not our first time being duped.

Akechi: Yeah.... I get that.

Morgana: What's your plan?

Ren: It's hard to tell. I gotta admit, it isn't easy knowing Aoyama. Best bet is to endure whatever comes.

Makoto: That's a worse case scenario.

Morgana: I mean hey, we're no stranger to that. Especially you. Diamonds are formed under pressure.

Ren: But let's hope he is true to his words. And if so, it also means that I have to face him alone.

Makoto: You're right. As much as we want to help, we're all nothing to him no matter how much we try.

Ryuji: I mean we all tried to beat him and didn't go so well.

Ann: Akechi. You did say that we might have a chance. It also means that we don't know if Ren could even come out alive even if he wins.

Morgana: We saw him fight both Takumi and Kyosuke at once. That might say something.

Ryuji: And he wasn't easy to fight!