Restless Days

(Many days and weeks have passed, and there are still no signs of Ren's signal. As the days and nights go on, The Phantom Thieves grow restless. Trying to hide under the surface as the government and law enforcement scramble around trying to isolate their location behind the screens. Futaba continues to hold them off, giving them false information of their whereabouts. Busts were enacted, police and special forces pissed that they were led to nothing but traps or wrong suspects. Social media continues to talk about the Phantom Thieves, and especially the Phan-Site being active as ever with discussions from all around the world. It's progress bar sitting comfortably at a 72.5%. News from all around the world began recapping about the Phantom Thieves and express concern of their own society being affected by them. Fanmade posters of them are put up near government buildings and at city districts. Crowds in sports events are seen waving out a flag bearing The Phantom Thieves' logo the moment they have the spotlight on camera. The country's support of The Phantom Thieves still lingers on.)

[???]

(In an unknown, dark whereabout. Aoyama looks up into the moon through an open hole where a window once sat. Bearing a subtle yet stern expression. Kyosuke appears before him, he stands by his right side.)

Kyosuke: I'm sure you are contemplating about the situation?

Aoyama: Having the authorities gun for the Phantom Thieves would only exhaust them.

Kyosuke: All to wrangle with their minds and keep them at bay.

Aoyama: You still have to deal with Sakura.

Kyosuke: I'm well aware. She's quite a girl~. She has that persistent spirit like her mother.

Aoyama: The daughter of the late Wakaba Isshiki. I've seen her research during my time with the government.

Kyosuke: Government? You used to work for them?

Aoyama: Yes. I rarely bring them up but they were my closest link in unearthing anything that may seem beneficial to the plan. It was a stroke of luck to work for them at such a young age.

Kyosuke: Fascinating.

Aoyama: I met Wakaba in person for a brief moment yet I can already feel her intelligence and dedication on her work about cognitive psience. Reading her work, I can see why the government made their move in murdering her. Especially Akechi.

Kyosuke: Ohh Akechi~. He's such a charismatic man and I wish to dance with him once I'm done with Kitagawa. Speaking of Akechi, it reminds me..... You too had access to the Metaverse, no?

Aoyama: Yes. That's where I met Takumi too. I don't know how I got it initially until I met a god in the form of an old man.

Kyosuke: Oh?

Aoyama: He sensed my inner nature and Takumi. Seeing that he may have the same magnitude as that of Ren or Akechi. But it was me that was stronger than his and felt I was capable of spearheading things. He sees me as the "equalizer of all". I disprove this god's ideals as I felt deeply that it bears resemblance of humanity's desire. He admits that he may be in a losing battle and yet still continue on of wanting to prevail, as he will not back down till the end. But shortly before his final confrontation, he told me that should the "Trickster of fate prevail, it's in my hands to control the destiny of man, in any way of shape or form, by any means necessary."