[ACT V] - Crossroads

Nearly about four years after the prevail of The Phantom Thieves of Heart, time has its way to bring them back into the light

Nearly about four years after the prevail of The Phantom Thieves of Heart, time has its way to bring them back into the light. The resurgence of Shadows come sprawling into the surface of earth. The perpetrators, remains as an elusive entity and yet employs his proxies to reel our heroes from retirement.

Ren Amamiya, having not led the charge for nearly half a decade, is given a forewarning that a greater antagonizing force will come haunting on their world. Their first move? Sumire's disappearance. With the help of Igor, The Phantom Thieves get to don the mask they haven't worn since the demise of the Metaverse. Ren (along with Morgana and Futaba) navigate through the situation, eventually meeting a man named "Takumi Matsushige" who poses as the sole perpetrator. After pushing closer into the truth, Sumire appears once more, as a Shadow.

Ryuji Sakamoto. His struggling life in a newer city fully takes a whole new level over a moment of righteousness. "Confronting" the mayor, after witnessing him assaulting a woman, has led him into the entire police force coming after him. Resisting arrest after witnessing the police were under the mayor's payroll, Ryuji fends them off as he becomes a most wanted criminal of Osaka. Catching word of Ren's situation, he believes The Phantom Thieves are being targeted. A belief proven true, as he encounters Matsushige once again during his escape to Tokyo. After a battle, Matsushige tells him to meet upon a location.

Yusuke Kitagawa and Makoto Niijima, have been caught up on a situation involving a masked killer, intending to taunt the two by murdering people and painting their faces into what resembles of a fox mask with the use of their own blood. Having a twisted sense to human life and to the world, he seeks to challenge himself to take the lives of the two, a special addition to his tally. After they survived against the masked killer's attempts, it all came into a showdown. Prevailing against the latter, he reveals that someone atop await for Yusuke.

After that fateful day on Masayoshi Shido's Palace, Goro Akechi, with the last remaining piece of good, goes to protect The Phantom Thieves of Heart to ensure they steal the heart of his wicked father. Standing in the way of line of fire, he holds off his enemies to buy the Thieves time. Little did he know that fate didn't let his soul rest in peace. Now standing at the fallout of his actions, he erases his own identity out from pure guilt and moves to Hokkaido. Living in another name as "Keisuke Yamashita", he is approached by a detective named "Naoya Watanabe", requesting his help for a case regarding about Sumire's disappearance, Matushige and The Phantom Thieves, he reluctantly accepts. As they tread through their investigation, they're met with a harrowing answer: Sumire is murdered by Ren. Out of pure vengeance he taps in to his old ways and heads back to Tokyo.