[ Chapter 24 ]

Y/n's pov.  

" Your lucky you didn't lose a finger over a letter opener " I said.

" I was distracted " I look up at Zane as I keep suturing the side of his index finger.

" It's pretty deep to be just an accident " I said.

" You'd be surprised " he said, I chuckle.

" As an heir that wields blade, shouldn't you be a professional at handling them? " I asked, he sighs with a chuckle.

" I had a lot in mind " he said.

I finish up and tie a knot before cutting the thread, I pick up a soaked rag then clean the blood off before using a bandage to wrap his finger.

" You'll be fine, though I'm going to check on it again in a week to see how well it heals then take the stitches off " I said.

" How have you been doing? " I glance up at him then back down on his finger.

" I know it's been a while seen I've last saw you, I'm just wondering " he said.

" All is well, improvements around the household I suppose, we're adapting " I said then look at mom at the end of the room tending to a patient.

" That's good to hear " he said.

" There, I'll go get something for the pain " I finish then clean my hands.

I get up.

" I was thinking " I stop in place and turn around to him.

I look at him in question.

" If you have some spare time, you could visit me on the weekends, I usually have tea over a restaurant by myself, it's called Rose Ace " he said.

I furrow my eyebrows as the hint hits me right away.

" Are you asking me out? " I asked.

" It's just after what you went through I thought to hang out other than just cooped up with work " he said, I smile and chuckle.

I have nothing to do anyways so why not.

" Sure " I nodded.

" Really? " He asked, I nodded again.

" If I have the time "

I grab a container from the table beside me and pass it to him.

" For the pain and itchiness " I said, he takes it.

" Thank you " he said.

" You should wear you mask less often " I said.

He snickers.

" I'll keep that in mind " he said.

" Alright " I said.

I step aside for him to leave and I suddenly feel warmth in my face, I hold my cheek and just giggle to myself. It's when I heard a familiar voice wincing and yelping, so I turn around to the door where my jaw dropped to see my little brother wincing and has the support of Gene.

" What did you do? " I asked as I approach them.

" He lost his footing then fell over a wagon backwards " Gene said.

" Are you serious? " I asked.

" You ever try martial arts " He winces and I sigh.

I turn around.

" Mom! " I call and she looks up at me from the bottles of medicine she was arranging.

I step aside and gesture to little brother.