[ Chapter 44 ]

Y/n's pov.   

" Zane! " I shout through the rain and continue to walk down this path.

The rain got worse just half an hour ago.

I see him kneeling on the ground where the grave is, as the rain continuously pour heavily. He just stay still with his sword impaled on the ground beside him.

" The rain is getting worse!, We should get back! " I said.

Our armor and everything is soaked.

" Your going to get sick! " I said.

" Why did he save me? " He asked.

I keep my hands up above my head to keep the rain from spraying my face repeatedly, so I could see properly.

" He could've just dodge instead! " He said.

" It's not important anymore!, Ein already have the children escorted back to the town!, Their headed back!, We gotta go! " I said as I approach him and he stands up from the ground.

He pull his sword form the ground sheathes it on his back then turn to me where I see the cut on his head and cheek which I hadn't noticed before.

The rain starts to get annoying so I just use my powers and bring my hands up as I feel my energy flowing throughout my body, pushing my hand down and the rain just repels from the both of us and drip to try side like a dome.

" Are you okay? " I look up at him as water drip from our chins and clothes.

We can hear ourselves better now.

" I didn't know you could this " he said.

" Pisces remember?, The rain helped us put out the fire from spreading " I said as I wipe some water off my eyes and see the f/c flow through my skin is ongoing.

" Before we head back, I think we should talk now " he said.

" Now?, We're going to get sick with this rain and others will get worried " I said.

" I know but if we do go back we'll never talk it out " he said.

I hug myself from the cold and just sigh with a nod.

" Yeah your right but make it fast " I said.

" I think I should go first " we both said in unison.

" Oh, umm. . .you should– "

" No you " he said and we both slightly smile at each other.

" I. . . " I pause and I look up at him as he look down at me.

Waiting for my answer and the tension sort of rises.

" I don't know where to start " I said.

Realization just hit me, I forgot to practice on how to tell him.

How do I tell him?

" Then I'll start " he said.

He place his hand on my cheek and swallow a lump in his trhoat before parting his lips.

" Y/n, ever since you found me that day, I can't help but not stop thinking about you " he said.

Oh no

" I've been trying to tell you this but seems like everyone has a way to stop it but not now, and that kiss. . . " He pauses.

I lift my hand from myself and hold his that's on my face.

" Zane "

" That kiss was supposed to tell you how I feel, but seems like your a little slow " he chuckles.